BCS is a joke and here's more proof why....

xqj47alpha

Banned
Allstate BCS Championship Game -- Some AP voters might not pick BCS winner No. 1 - ESPN

The last two paragraphs says it all. Hopefully somebody is listening.
Try not to burn me at the stake here, but if you'll just hear me out...

Your entire argument is based on something someone said.
Just because the Saban compared the Giants regular season loss to the Patriots and subsequent rematch in the Super Bowl with the rematch between LSU and Alabama, it doesn't validate your argument.
Even if the Saban argument is comparing apples and oranges.

What I don't understand, with all of the technology we have today, is why LSU needs to beat Alabama on a neutral field to win the National Championship.
After all, they already beat them at 'Bama.

so, yes Cerberus, the BCS is a joke. But not because Nick Saban said all he could say to justify a second shot when he blew the first.
for most assuredly dear Cerberus, were 'Bama the only undefeated and undisputed number one, Saban would be the first in line to agree with you.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Nope you got me wrong. My entire arguement is not because one person said so or one season of questions whos number one. Its a built up process over the years of watching this mess they call the BCS and not getting a true number one. Remember the year when they crowned co-champions? WTF? Last i checked, only 1 team can be #1, there has to be a number 2 and so on or being number one means nothing. This year alone you have once beaten LSU and once beaten 'Bama ahead of OSU who is unbeaten and won their conference title. I really am seeing a lot of bias towards the SEC in years past and expecially this year.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Oklahoma State was not unbeated Cerberus, they finished the season at 12-1 as did Alabama. LSU finished at 13-1.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Oklahoma State was not unbeated Cerberus, they finished the season at 12-1 as did Alabama. LSU finished at 13-1.

Gee thanks for pointing out my one time on being wrong. LOL. Not sure why i was thinking they were unbeaten. But they did win their conference championship game as did LSU. Really think that should have put them in the big game. And betting after the showing LSU had that day, they are thinking the same thing. LOL

xqj47alpha

Banned
It wouldn't be to difficult to argue the SEC has been the major beneficiary of the BCS.
The SEC had what some call foresight by creating an extra game via a Conference Championship, thus almost guaranteeing one of its teams would find the favor of the current algorithm from the extra 'quality' win.

The Pac-12 and Big Ten by expansion would seem to agree.

For me, the worst thing the BCS did was tarnish The Rose Bowl Game.