B1G championship game

Bucknut

Who you got?

I think it's going to be difficult to move the ball for OSU, with or without Barrett. I can see a performance much like vs Oklahoma in the beginning of the season. Hope I'm wrong on that, and Meyer is good at improving teams throughout a season, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Should be a good one.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Bucks by 14, I actually like the Freshman Qb they had in last week over Barrett. Barrett is NOT a good Qb. He is a fairly good Rb though.

hikeNbike

Im rooting for the Buckeyes. My parents went to OSU, but apart from that I would also like to see chaos, and a Badger win kind of squelches that unless TCU finds a way to upset Oklahoma.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

cctekguy

Staff member
I've had a lot of great times in Wisconsin.

Only been to Ohio on a lay over flight from Dallas to Rochester NY.

GO BADGERS!

hikeNbike

Damn it this tablet is always changing what I write, trying to guess, have 2 edit 2 and 3 times, enough already.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

cctekguy

Staff member
No tek we need chaos. How great would it be to see Ohio State win and keep Bama out of the playoff. We need a pissed off Saban.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Unlike our discussions on the political forum, you've made good sense and changed my mind!

Thanks Hike!

GO BUCKEYES!

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
But that's the thing I don't think Ohio State makes it in the championship playoffs if they defeat Wisconsin. The voters will bump up Alabama so two SEC teams make it over a Big Ten team.

hikeNbike

But that's the thing I don't think Ohio State makes it in the championship playoffs if they defeat Wisconsin. The voters will bump up Alabama so two SEC teams make it over a Big Ten team.

What quality win does Bama have? I guess LSU but they were still scuffling a bit when they played Bama. Bama got manhandled by Auburn who just got trounced by Georgia. That and Ohio State being a conference champ if they win ought to be enough to get them in over Bama who didnt win their division. Ok so I do realize OSU got the benefit last year od a similar scenario, but committee has to put Georgia in I would think.

Seating feels really important this year. I think if Clemson wins handily they get the 1 seed if its Wisconsin or Ohio State they will be the 4 seed, but if its Bama do they get the 4th seed and have a semifinal with Clemson? The guess here is that Oklahoma vs. Georgia is set as one semifinal unless Miami springs an upset that I dont expect.

Oklahoma -Georgia feels like a coin flip game with a slight edge to Oklahoma.

Clemson would be a big favorite over Ohio State or Wisconsin, would be an interesting line against Alabama.

For some reason, and I know they havent been gangbusters in big games, but I like Oklahoma to win it all. Probably because Baker Mayfield is the best player and I dont really see a didference maker on the other teams, even though Clemsons defense collectively is outstanding.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ohio State with 2 losses, one of them by 31 points has no reason to be in the playoffs when there is a one loss SEC team out there. Sorry.

romanempire

What quality win does Bama have? I guess LSU but they were still scuffling a bit when they played Bama. Bama got manhandled by Auburn who just got trounced by Georgia. That and Ohio State being a conference champ if they win ought to be enough to get them in over Bama who didnt win their division. Ok so I do realize OSU got the benefit last year od a similar scenario, but committee has to put Georgia in I would think.

Seating feels really important this year. I think if Clemson wins handily they get the 1 seed if its Wisconsin or Ohio State they will be the 4 seed, but if its Bama do they get the 4th seed and have a semifinal with Clemson? The guess here is that Oklahoma vs. Georgia is set as one semifinal unless Miami springs an upset that I dont expect.

Oklahoma -Georgia feels like a coin flip game with a slight edge to Oklahoma.

Clemson would be a big favorite over Ohio State or Wisconsin, would be an interesting line against Alabama.

For some reason, and I know they havent been gangbusters in big games, but I like Oklahoma to win it all. Probably because Baker Mayfield is the best player and I dont really see a didference maker on the other teams, even though Clemsons defense collectively is outstanding.

Alabama's signature win was against LSU, otherwise there's nothing impressive on their resume. They had their asses handed to them a week ago by the team that just had their asses handed to them by GA. The only reason they have one loss is because they sat at home yesterday. Otherwise, they'd have lost to GA yesterday and the discussion would be over.

hikeNbike

Ohio State with 2 losses, one of them by 31 points has no reason to be in the playoffs when there is a one loss SEC team out there. Sorry.
I kind of agree with you Mudd. Beating Wisconsin and Penn State are better wins than any of Bamas wins, but that 31 point loss to Iowa is hard to swallow. Bamas loss to Auburn is amost a wash with Ohio States loss to Oklahoma. Probably would have bern better for Alabama had Auburn won. Ohio State is a conference champ and Bama is not, but that didnt help Penn State last year. If I was a completely unbiast Id give the edge to Bama. Think thry would give Clemson a tough game and not sure I can say thr samr for Ohio State. But I'm rooting for Ohio State to make it, if Wisconsin had won would have been easy to leave Bama out and Sabin wouldnt have much of an argument, but with Ohio State winning Im sure Sabin will be pissed if they get bypassed by Ohio State ans Urban Meyer.

Hiwever, I thinl my favorite scenario is committee choosing Usc

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Personally, I would not put Ohio State in, you can't lose to an Iowa in a drumming and expect to survive.

That being said I don't think Georgia deserves it either.

I do see Bama getting in, gut tells me it will also be Georgia as well

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Personally, I would not put Ohio State in, you can't lose to an Iowa in a drumming and expect to survive.

That being said I don't think Georgia deserves it either.

I do see Bama getting in, gut tells me it will also be Georgia as well

That's exactly what kept Ohio State out.

But why exactly wouldn' you put Georgia in they only had one loss

hikeNbike

Well that sucked. I really wanted USC, so everyone would go nuts. After all USC is the Pac 12 champ!

Realistically though I thought theu would put OSU in to have some Northern representation, justifying it by saying they won the Big 10. Dont really think OSU folks should be upset, maybe dissapointed, but it was certainly up for debate. They got rolled by Ioeas then played a sloppy game against Wisconsin they should have won going away. Add to that OSU got in last year over Penn State and two years before jumped Baylor and TCU. I was actually in agreement with those decisions, but leave it up to the committee each year to squeak in as the 3rd or 4th team and your bound to get burned.

Then I must admit Clemson-Bama 3 feels like another good game. Clemson vs. OSU feels like another beatdown like last year.

Ulimately I think Clemson beats Bama but wouldn't be shocked to see Bama win, with Saban having a month to prepare, revenge game and not having to deal with Watson. Still Clemsons defense is better this year and Alabamas offense feels vulnerable. Alabama is probably more dangerous having losf and squeaked in than they would have been if they had beaten Auburn and Georgia and come in undefeated.

I like Oklahoma against Georgia. I'm not convinced Georgia is that good. SEC east is weak compared to the west, they squeaked by a good but not great Notre Dame team, and rolled Auburn in a revenge game in Atlanta. Feel like Auburn was beaten up from two straight big games, and a little over confident on a third one.

Then I like Oklahoma over Clemson.

Of course its college football and you really never know. Any of the four teams have a shot.

Last edited: