400 displaced seat holders get Superbowl XLVI tickets

Arctic Dawgs

I'd still be pissed

Linky

"The 400 fans without seats last nite went on field postgame, received free merchandise, food, beverage, $2,400, free SB46 tickets," NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy announced.

Interestingly, the fans were given "three times" what they paid for tickets (insofar as we know), which means the NFL valued the tix at $800.

Of course, they still probably dropped more than $5,000 (easily) on the trip to Dallas, so they're not exactly making money on this whole deal.

Arctic Dawgs

Yup, but only the 400 that didn't get in at all. Sounds like the ones that were put in the party plaza didn't make out at all and they are really pissed

Hawks Eye

Master of Inexpertise
As far as I knew, the ones in the party plaza knew that's what they were getting, so why are they pissed?

Arctic Dawgs

Not according to this Hawk

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of displaced fans in a Dallas federal court on Tuesday and alleges breach of contract, fraud and deceptive sales practices.
Temporary seats were not fully installed where 1,250 tickets had been sold in the expanded Cowboys Stadium during an unsuccessful attempt to break the all-time Super Bowl attendance record.
About 800 fans were relocated to other seats in the stadium Sunday, but the rest had to watch the Green Bay Packers' 31-25 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on television.
One of the plaintiffs is a Cowboys season ticket-holder who said some of Jones' biggest-spending fans were promised access to Super Bowl tickets and ended up with obstructed views on metal folding chairs.
"Unfortunately, not all of the ticket-holders to Super Bowl XLV got what they bargained for or what was promised to them," the lawsuit states.
The lawsuit, filed by the California law firm of Eagan Avenatti, LLP, seeks damages of more than $5 million.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
In a way, this sounds like someone just trying to get money from Jones for no good reason. The ticket-holders that weren't allowed into the stadium have a legitimate beef, but the others probably don't.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Yes the displaced fans were inconvenienced, IMO were compensated handsomely for not being able to watch the SB and should shut there pie-holes

Coachnorm

A second option was added to those getting tickets to the next Super Bowl and $ 2400. If they don't like that they can opt for any future Super Bowl with airfare and lodging.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
yup, that would be my pick

Me too. Would wait to cash in the tickets to a more warmer climate. Maybe the next time it goes to Miami or NO or even southern Cali if it ever does. It would have to be one hell of a matchup in Indy to get me to go up the in the dead of winter.