2019 Mock NFL Draft - Phicinfan's best guess

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Rules are simple, you make the picks you think happen. I will include some trades, probably, as the board fits. I will be honest here, this will be a bit of a crap shoot, the talent on defense is very heavy, but very even. So outside the top 7-10 picks, there really is no clear cut talent boost. I also am not a fan of the rookie Qbs this year.....

that being said.....Here we go.
1) Arizona - Kyler Murray Qb - to me this will be the make or break for Kingsburry. He wants HIS guy, and Keim is also on a short leash as GM, so they both may go up in flames, but they will do it with their guy, and whatever they get in value for Rosen.
2) San Francisco - Nick Bosa DE - This to me is a no brainer, and San Fran is ready to go give Arizona a HUGE hug. Best edge rusher in this draft.
3) NY Giants - trade with NY Jets - Jets want to move down and get more picks, So this has to be Giants moving up to get the Qb yes? No. Giants have a ton of needs, but they NEED talent on DL. This is a move to go out and get top outside rusher left Josh Allen OLB - and they only had to give up #6 and a 3rd rounder.
4) Oakland - They wanted Allen very badly, but they will instead pivot to get inside push with Quinnen Williams DT
5) Tampa Bay - they WANT to move down, and top Qbs still on the board. But its not going to happen. With Giants off the spot at #6 the dire need to move up this high to get Qb isn't as much. Tampa will be fine though, as they will go and get top LB Devin White.
6) NY Jets - I have been reading a ton about how Jets want this guy, and this move down did exactly what they wanted, they got an extra pick and got the guy they wanted - Ed Oliver DT
7) Jacksonville - I am torn here. They need two major things here - OL help and Wr/Te help for Foles. The best OT is there, but I think the need for tools is more urgent. I am going with a ton of experts and look for TE T.J. Hockenson to be taken here. His draft stock has been sky rocketing and this fills a HUGE need in Jacksonville.
8) Denver - trade with Detroit - Denver has Qb for now, but the have to get the Qb of the future. Flacco fills a need now, but not later, and quite frankly Denver has failed to get that guy. They move up here to get Dwayne Haskins Qb and plan for long term. They will have to give up a 3rd or more plus their #10 to do it though. This makes huge sense for Detroit who needs a ton of help.
9) Buffalo - Jawaan Taylor OT - they have to protect their young Qb, and give him time to find the new Wrs they added in FA. Plus they have to make holes for the aged running backs in Gore and McCoy.
10) Detroit - now that they have gotten an extra pick or so, now they will get some defensive help they need - Montez Sweat DE - to help put some pressure on the Qbs of other teams for a change.
11) Miami - trade with Cincinnati - Drew Lock Qb - this is an absolute must. Miami HAS to get a Qb, and the move by Denver to take Haskins forces their hand here. Cincinnati has done exactly what they needed to do have enough out there that feel Zac Stacy wants his own guy. But truth is, they can wait til next year when the Qb stock is much better. Plus they get extra picks to make this work. Washington is now feeling really down as they won't move up for the Duke Qb.
12) Green Bay - OL, and TE and some other needs but they have to protect Rodgers as he is the whole focus now. Jonah Williams OT/G will help protect Rodgers.
13) Cincinnati - well good and bad here - I think OT was a target and top two are off the board. But they also need help at LB so lets take - Devin Bush ILB this fits a huge hole for a defense that needs major help.
14) Atlanta - no brainer here - Christian Wilkins DT - fills a huge need for ATL
15) Washington - I don't think they push for Qb, as much as they need it, I think they go for greater need here and get the top Wr in this draft - Marquise Brown Wr
16) Carolina - Brian Burns OLB will get them some much needed speed rush on the outside
17) NY Giants - well they took the DE they needed, now they go Qb yes? Nope. I think they will trade to get Rosen from Arizona - and instead use this pick to get Byron Murphy Cb to help the defense more and I think they give up a 2nd rounder to get Josh Rosen from Arizona.
18)Minnesota - OL is a dire need - so lets go Andre Dillard OT to help protect Cousins
19) Tennessee - D.K. Metcalf Wr - they need tools for the Qb duo, and this kid has sky rocketed after the combine.
20) Pittsburgh - Cb have to grab a Cb and since Murphy is gone we go instead with Greedy Williams Cb
21) Seattle - needs help, need OL, needs Cb and needs defense pressure. By all reports they want to trade Frank Clark, and want a first rounder for him. I don't think that happens til later. I will go Rashan Gary DE here and expect them to make a trade later to get picks or players for Clark.
22) Baltimore - Baltimore believes in building with the lines, the best G is still here and they need help at G and C but Chris Lindstrom OG is there so they take him.
23) Houston - Cody Ford OT is a must as they have to make room to run and protect the young Qb Watson.
24) Oakland - Noah Fant TE - this is a huge need. They need tools for Carr to throw to, and they let their top TE walk in Fa. Chucky wants some offense after going Def with first pick.
25) Philadelphia - Rb was going to be the pick here, but the Jordan Howard trade eliminates that need. I would hope they extend Howard and use him and the other rbs they have to control the ball. So instead lets fix the defense. Lb isn't here, and they never reach. DT and DE is not as strong. Lets go Cb and get someone who can help. Rock Ya-Sin Cb is the choice here.
26)Indianapolis - Wr is a need, as T.Y. Hilton desperately needs some help. But the value isn't there. However need at S and Cb is there. Going to go S and go Jonathan Abram S to help solidify the defense.
27) Seattle - trade with Oakland - this is a game stopper here. Oakland HAS to get pass rushing help, and Frank Clark for this pick can give it, and they have the extra pick to give up as they made a ton of trades last year. This with the Williams move will give Oakland much needed help to fix this defense. Seattle can now take some Cb help to help rebuild the legion of Boom - Deandre Baker Cb
28) Los Angeles Chargers - they have DE covered, but they need OL and DT help. Pick here is Jeffery Simmons DT - he may not play this year, but this will be the fix in the middle this team desperately needs.
29) Kansas City - Well they just got took - they need def help but top Cbs are off the board and a possible fix at DE is gone as Oakland snaked a trade with Clark that has been rumored. So where to go? DE Clelin Ferrill will help some.
30) Green Bay - A.J. Brown Wr - they need tools for this offense.
31) Washington - Trade with Los Angeles Rams - Daniel Jones Qb - Washington decides to move up and get the youngster and for little cost, but with the ability to use the 5th year option.
32) New England - Te Irv Smith Jr - he is not Gronk - but he is a two way player that will help this offense.

Phicinfan

Administrator
going to have to readjust this, as KC made the deal with Seattle, not Oakland.

Phicinfan

Administrator
okay having spent the day watching draft prep, I am starting to call BS on all this Qb movement. I think if Qbs fall they will be taken, but I don't think there is a huge push to grab one.

That being said - here is my updated mock draft post the KC/Seattle trade:
1) Arizona - Kyler Murray Qb - to me this will be the make or break for Kingsburry. He wants HIS guy, and Keim is also on a short leash as GM, so they both may go up in flames, but they will do it with their guy, and whatever they get in value for Rosen.
2) San Francisco - Nick Bosa DE - This to me is a no brainer, and San Fran is ready to go give Arizona a HUGE hug. Best edge rusher in this draft.
3) New York Jets - they want to trade down, but no one is biting. They go Defense here and take Quenten Williams DT
4) Oakland - they get the Mack replacement going Josh Allen
5) Tampa Bay - White is still the pick
6) NY Giants - Ed Olliver DT - they have to fix this defense
7) Jacksonville - TE Hockenson is still the pick
8) Miami - trade with Detroit - this is a must do for Miami, they are afraid if they wait, Washington will move up to take Haskins before them. So they move up a few spots for less cost and take Dwayne Haskins Qb
9) Buffalo - OT Jawaan Taylor
10) Denver - They go Qb here as well, knowing that Washington is really looking at QB - take Drew Lock Qb
11) Cincinnati - they need ILB support and with White gone they reach a bit and take Devin Bush ILB
12) Green Bay - keeping with OL - Johah Williams
13) Detroit - sticking with Sweat here
14) Atlanta - no brainer here - Christian Wilkins DT - fills a huge need for ATL
15) Washington - Fooled everyone here and took top WR they desperately need - Marquise Brown Wr
16) Carolina - Brian Burns OLB will get them some much needed speed rush on the outside
17) NY Giants - well they took the DL they needed, now they go Qb yes? change - YES - they go Daniel Jones QB
18)Minnesota - OL is a dire need - so lets go Andre Dillard OT to help protect Cousins
19) Tennessee - D.K. Metcalf Wr - they need tools for the Qb duo, and this kid has sky rocketed after the combine.
20) Pittsburgh - Cb have to grab a Cb and since Murphy is gone we go instead with Greedy Williams Cb
21) Seattle - this really fits well now that they have traded Clark away and got KC's first round pick - Rashan Gary DE here fits perfect.
22) Baltimore - Baltimore believes in building with the lines, the best G is still here and they need help at G and C but Chris Lindstrom OG is there so they take him.
23) Houston - Cody Ford OT is a must as they have to make room to run and protect the young Qb Watson.
24) Oakland - Noah Fant TE - this is a huge need. They need tools for Carr to throw to, and they let their top TE walk in Fa. Chucky wants some offense after going Def with first pick.
25) Philadelphia - Rb was going to be the pick here, but the Jordan Howard trade eliminates that need. I would hope they extend Howard and use him and the other rbs they have to control the ball. So instead lets fix the defense. Lb isn't here, and they never reach. DT and DE is not as strong. Lets go Cb and get someone who can help. Rock Ya-Sin Cb is the choice here.
26)Indianapolis - Wr is a need, as T.Y. Hilton desperately needs some help. But the value isn't there. However need at S and Cb is there. Going to go S and go Jonathan Abram S to help solidify the defense.
27) Oakland - with confirmation that Marshawn Lynch is gone, I see Chucky going Rb here to fix that issue - Josh Jacobs RB is the pick here
28) Los Angeles Chargers - they have DE covered, but they need OL and DT help. Pick here is Jeffery Simmons DT - he may not play this year, but this will be the fix in the middle this team desperately needs.
29) Seattle - trade with KC for Frank Clark - Deandre Baker Cb
30) Green Bay - TE or Wr - I think TE takes precidence - Irv Smith Jr TE
31) Los Angeles Rams - Erik McCoy C/OG
32) New England - N'Keal Harry Wr