2016 NFL Week 9: In or Out

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Thanks a bushel and a peck to rotoworld.com for their information.

Jason La Canfora reports the Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger to play Week 9

Dan Quinn said he doesn't believe Jacob Tamme's shoulder injury is serious

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Devontae Booker is undergoing more tests, but expects to be cleared for Week 9

Bruce Arians confirmed Monday that J.J. Nelson is now a starting wide receiver. He appears to have supplanted inconsistent and injured Michael Floyd in three-receiver sets alongside Larry Fitzgerald and John Brown

Ty Montgomery's illness is related to his sickle cell trait. Per ESPN's Rob Demovsky, the issue "isn't career threatening," and Montgomery "hopes" to return for Week 9. It sounds like it shouldn't be considered a given.

Jacquizz Rodgers was spotted with his left foot in a walking boot on Monday. Per the Tampa Bay Times, it's "safe to say" Rodgers will miss Thursday's game.

Cody Kessler (concussion) has been cleared to return for Week 9.

DC Wade Phillips was back at work on Monday

Ben Roethlisberger (knee) participated in Monday's practice

Sean Payton said Mark Ingram will still have a "key" role in the team's backfield going forward

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Jacob Tamme is out giving the start to rookie TE Austin Hooper for the Dirty Birds

Packers waived RB Knile Davis (that didn't last long)

Arctic Dawgs

Charles to I/R ??

Chiefs reportedly placing Jamaal Charles on injured reserve

Spencer Ware suffered a concussion in Week 8 against the Colts.
Ware had 47 total yards on nine touches in the first half. He wasn't on the field for the start of the second half and was later ruled out for the game. Ware is now in the concussion protocol and looks questionable for Week 9. With Jamaal Charles (knee) dealing with setbacks, Charcandrick West is Kansas City's only healthy back. Oct 30 - 2:56 PM

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Charles to I/R ??

Chiefs reportedly placing Jamaal Charles on injured reserve

Spencer Ware suffered a concussion in Week 8 against the Colts.
Ware had 47 total yards on nine touches in the first half. He wasn't on the field for the start of the second half and was later ruled out for the game. Ware is now in the concussion protocol and looks questionable for Week 9. With Jamaal Charles (knee) dealing with setbacks, Charcandrick West is Kansas City's only healthy back. Oct 30 - 2:56 PM
Dammit

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I seem to recall someone making fun of a fella that kept both Ware and West in a league this year. I think it was called the dumbest of all keeper moves. Too bad the dude didn't hang onto them both.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The San Jose Mercury News believes Carlos Hyde "appears on track" to return against the Saints :rolleyes:

Jamaal Charles to IR as Dawg reported

Jets claimed RB Knile Davis off waivers

Jets waived RB Knile Davis 3 hours later

Jets signed RB C.J. Spiller (I thought this stuff only happened in 3rd grade fantasy leagues?)

Markus Wheaton is no longer listed as a starter on the Steelers' official depth chart

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
They showed no sense of urgency in the game the other night. Needing 3 scores to win they never went to a hurry up offense and kept running the ball for 2 yards at a time during the last 9 minutes of the game. I think the lack of effort is what cost him his gig.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Doug Martin is out. Tampa Bay's backfield committee will feature Antone Smith and Peyton Barber on Thursday night

Jacquizz Rodgers is out

T.Y. Hilton was "reluctant to commit" to playing Week 9

Travis Benjamin has been diagnosed with a Grade 2 sprained PCL

Big Ben was limited at practice

Russell Shepard is doubtful

Tevin Coleman is out

Josh Huff will play