2021/2022 coaching hot seats

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Houston fires David Culley after one year - I don't get this one, he did pretty well with a lousy team

Phicinfan

Administrator
Seahawks are firing DC Ken Norton Jr
For the record - Dallas should fire their HC, he cost them a few games this year and his clock management is a joke

Remote Controller

-Tomlin never had any QB other than Ben for almost 2 decades. That does aid things, and goes a long ways as to why the team never had a losing season.
- To help put that into perspective. Green Bay has had either Favre or Rodgers for the last 22 years.
- Then there's Tom who was in New England for 19 years and is older then every NFC Coach left in the playoffs.
- The Bears have had a minimum of 12 different qb's in that period of time.

-------this was meant for the Qb thread------

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Indy DC Eberflus is getting 2nd interviews with Bears and Jaguars
Giants have scheduled or had 2nd interviews with 3 GM candidates

Phicinfan

Administrator
Panthers are expected to hire former Giants HC Ben McAdoo as new OC

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Apparently there's reports out that Sean Payton has gone dark on the Saints and won't answer anybody and may step down as head coach

Mike

Administrator
For the record - Dallas should fire their HC, he cost them a few games this year and his clock management is a joke

Apparently there's reports out that Sean Payton has gone dark on the Saints and won't answer anybody and may step down as head coach

Agree with Phicinfan, Dallas needs to send Mike McCarthy packing. When the problems are absolutely all over the field, on offense and defense, you have to look directly at the head coach.

I like Kellen Moore, and unless something absolutely crazy happens, he will not be an offensive coordinator next season. Too many head coaching options open, and he is a popular commodity.

Again, I like Kellen Moore. He has a vision that the Cowboys need to figure out how to keep. He needs maturity, would the title of head coach provide that on the same team he ran the offense on? Maybe. McCarthy didn't have the balls to pull the head coach card on Moore, I think Moore would be a little more responsible in decisions as the head coach, and maybe calling plays as well with a OC under him.

@MongerKhan had to mention Sean Payton. That is a man that never should have escaped Dallas many years ago. That is a man that I would quickly welcome as head coach for the Cowboys. That is a man who I think is a little bitter at how his franchise quarterback was treated, a quarterback who might have still been playing this year, IMO, had the NFL not gone so Woke.

If Sean Payton, who I felt should have replaced Parcells as the Cowboys head coach. It was a role that was meant for him, and nobody had the courage to pull the trigger to make it happen. What was a young man back then is still more than young enough to continue building the Cowboys.

If not Sean Payton, I would quickly promote Kellen Moore and send McCarthy packing.

Phicinfan

Administrator
@MongerKhan had to mention Sean Payton. That is a man that never should have escaped Dallas many years ago. That is a man that I would quickly welcome as head coach for the Cowboys. That is a man who I think is a little bitter at how his franchise quarterback was treated, a quarterback who might have still been playing this year, IMO, had the NFL not gone so Woke.
Sorry but no. Per all reports including interviews with Brees, he admitted his arm was rubber and he could not perform to the level he wanted. No way was he going to keep playing.

That being said, color me NOT shocked if Jerry is privately talking to Peyton(illegal yes...) and working a deal that ONLY if Peyton takes it will he fire McCarthy.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Bears - supposedly has decided on Ryan Poles former Chief executive for GM

Phicinfan

Administrator
New Orleans - its official, Sean Payton is stepping down from HC - not clear if retiring or what.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Denver is hiring Packers OC Hackett as Head Coach.

Apparently Denver found out that he was going to Jacksonville for an interview last night And decided to go ahead and make him the offer in order to get their 1st choice.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Denver is hiring Packers OC Hackett as Head Coach.

Apparently Denver found out that he was going to Jacksonville for an interview last night And decided to go ahead and make him the offer in order to get their 1st choice.
Now watch the never ending discussion if this was done to get Aaron Rodgers to Denver......

Phicinfan

Administrator
Story our of Arizona has Trent Balke being removed as GM in Jacksonville and being replaced by Adrian Wilson - this is coming FROM Arizona reporter