Zigi Wilf considered firing Childress...keeping moss

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Source: Vikings owner irate
Randy Moss did not appear on waivers for 24 hours because Vikings owner Zygi Wilf was furious about being circumvented by Brad Childress and considered retaining Moss and firing the head coach, according to a team source.

Childress and two team executives did not respond to emails and text messages sent by ESPN seeking comment.Childress is under contract for two more seasons, but the Star Tribune reported Wednesday that Childress made the decision to cut Moss without consulting Wilf.

Moss was claimed by the Tennessee Titans on Wednesday after just four games after Minnesota. Moss was acquired by the Vikings in a midseason trade with the New England Patriots.

Wilf, who lives in New Jersey, spent much of the past week observing practices and meeting individually with Vikings players. One of the players who participated in such a meeting said he sensed Wilf was attempting to determine how much support remained for Childress among veteran players and wanted to remind them they could still make the playoffs.

Childress admitted he expects a negative reception from the Minnesota crowd on Sunday.

"I'm not crazy enough to think there wont be catcalls," he said. "That's part of the deal, that happens every time I walk on or off of a field. It's always interesting to hear what people have to say. That's part of the audience participation thing."

Moss drew the ire of some teammates before his release when he insulted the team's caterer after a Friday practice, appeared to play half-heartedly in a loss to his former Patriots teammates and then lauded New England players and coaches while second-guessing Childress and the Vikings staff. The Star Tribune also reported Friday that Moss went to Wilf in the locker room immediately after the game and loudly encouraged him to fire Childress.

"I guess some people didn't know how to take on that personality," said veteran offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, who played with Moss during both of his Vikings stops. "When I got here the first time, he was already here and everybody was used to him. So for him to come back to this team and the whole new coaching staff probably didn't know how to take on such a strong personality."

Can anyone else say thin ice?:nannie:

MongerKhan

Staff member
And Childress thinks hes gonna be booed at home this sunday...well no sh*t Childress.....don't need a degree in rocket science to figure that one out

catman

Baseball "Expert"
Zigi is not happy with the performance this year, and rightly so. This team has made some really dumb personnel decisions recently.

MongerKhan

Staff member
oh it gets better chilly and harvin got into a heated argument over harvins effort in practice... and local beat writers are saying its a pretty dang good shot that if they lose this week he will be fired.
Posted via Mobile Device

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
pretty "ballsy" to cut a player that you just gave, what appears to be, a very high 3rd rd pick for .... without consulting, or even just "notifying" the team owner.

Childress must be pretty confident with his job security to make such a move. Either that, or he just doesn't give a shirt anymore and knows he's already gone.

Either way, as a Pats fan, thanks for the pick Childress. Early 3rd should net a decent LB or RB ... or maybe a WR? hmmm...

catman

Baseball "Expert"
oh it gets better chilly and harvin got into a heated argument over harvins effort in practice... and local beat writers are saying its a pretty dang good shot that if they lose this week he will be fired.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is his last week of practice with the Vikes. Coach was on thin ice a couple of years ago also. Last season got him back in favor with Zigi, but this stunt.......

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Should have kept R.Moss and fired Childress for being an incompetent fool.

He is no doubt on thin ice and its cracking all around him.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Brad Childress is a boil on the ass of Minnesota. He has stunk the field up with his shitbag personell decisions and craptastic coaching.

Fire Childress. Say goodbye to Brett. Draft Andrew Luck. Win. Pretty simple.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Zigy still considering firing chilly regardless of todays outcome....you have to be physically held back to keep from fist fighting with Percy Harvin....oh BTW....Harvin would have beat up chilly worse than Brett Favre got beat up by the defense last week

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Harvin works hard. The guy has a migraine issue, I get it, but to question the effort of a guy who has trouble walking but turns it on when its game time...yeah...fire the coach.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Jerry seems stuck on not making a mid season firing. At this point I think Wilf has the inside track to terminating his coach.

Wilf also has a viable interim candidate in Leslie Frazier to finish the year out. Jason Garrett is no answer

MongerKhan

Staff member
According to Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, coach Brad Childress' job is expected to be safe heading to Week 10 after the Vikings' 27-24 comeback win over the Cardinals in Week 9.
"We're all good," a source close to the situation told Fowler. Sitting at 3-5, the Vikings face the Bears in Week 10. With defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier finally dialing up blitzes, Minnesota should have a good chance to go on a winning streak against Chicago's leaky offensive line. A loss, however, could put Childress right back into the NFL's hottest seat. Nov. 7 - 6:13 pm et

Hmm....i dont know what to think