You are the GM - Carolina Panthers

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Sell everything and close the franchise. Noone would notice anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
First you have to keep your Rbs, as they are your offense right now.
Second, you have to finish rebuilding the O-line. You have pieces, lets finalize that.
Third, go get a real NFL Qb, until either Claussen develops, or you can draft a new guy. In Claussen's defense, no Wrs means lousy passing game.
Lastly, continue to restock the defense, especially the LBs and DL.

Honestly, they are not that bad or that far off. Wr depth has consistantly killed this team. You simply can't keep relying on Steve Smith to do it all. If they could acquire a real possession type receiver like Moose was, and develop a real TE, they would be much better.

MNJHNSN

First I would trade D-Will, get something of quality to bolster the O line - Mankins
Second - Draft AJ Green or another stud WR
Third - Work on defence through draft or trade.
Fourth - Draft a real TE.

mills

Should have traded Williams before the trade period... this season is done, his service is no longer needed.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Should have traded Williams before the trade period... this season is done, his service is no longer needed.
:nono:
Sorry, I don't buy this. Williams is the most dependable back you have. If you MUST trade a rb, it has to be Stewart. You have Goodson as backup. I also think the younger back brings more value, even if he is more fragile.

Not sure who would trade for him though at this point.

Vicious_Machine

First I would trade D-Will, get something of quality to bolster the O line - Mankins
Second - Draft AJ Green or another stud WR
Third - Work on defence through draft or trade.
Fourth - Draft a real TE.

I disagree a bit there. Its hard to get into that much detail since all the issues with cap, signing bonuses, and what not!

But your going to get rid of your best RB? Makes no sense to me.

1 - I start by getting a new head coach, one who RUNS the ball. DeAngelo is averaging 4.7 ypc, and he is yet to run it more then 17 times in a game. Yes, I know the other side, your always far behind. Thats not good enough still.

Best case was last game against the bears, the 1st series, all runs by Carolina, they got like 55 yards, got a fg. Then the second series, they passed on 2 out of the 3 downs, picked off. And then I think it was same thing on 3rd series, although punt. Something along those lines, I think it was headline sports of FAN 590 (im in canada but a tv or radio) where I heard that. Run the damn ball !!! If your running it non-stop, and they have yet to stop you from getting a solid drive (does not have to even be a score, but maybe 2-3 first down per drive), screw it, JUST KEEP RUNNING!

2 - Where I do agree, get a good o-line. Your going to run the ball a lot, you have two great backs, fix that o-line!

3 - Screw the WR/TE. Fix that o-line some more! This is where I completely disagree with your post. Your fixing everything, yeah, in an ideal world, Carolina would have a great O-line, a great WR, a great TE, a fixed D. In reality its going to be tough to have all that. If I was Carolina's GM, I have to decide what kinda O i want, and given Carolina right now, I want a running team. Clausen is supposed to be a decent QB, I think once he gets some time, he should be ok. If for some reason, I want that great WR, I sign VJ. I dont waste a draft pick on one. Steve Smith is good enough for now.

4 - After I use my first 2 (or even 3) picks fixing that O-line, then I use my remaining draft picks and FA money to fix that D-line. Brutal rush D, and in a division with TBay and Atlanta?

But this is where I am now fired as the GM. I do not know the weak links in Carolina's O or D lines.

Oh, and if possible, I confess my love for Cowher and get him to take over as my head coach (Notice the trend of good rushing game & solid D)

aspera1163

I think the Defense is pretty stout in the front 7 but you need a ballhawking safety to go with your press CBs. I like all 3 RBs but like the Cowboys, the Panthers need to trade from the best part of the team to help the worst (OL or WR). Get Steve Smith a legitimate running partner and better blockers and I think Clausen has a future.

MNJHNSN

I disagree a bit there. Its hard to get into that much detail since all the issues with cap, signing bonuses, and what not!

But your going to get rid of your best RB? Makes no sense to me.

1 - I start by getting a new head coach, one who RUNS the ball. DeAngelo is averaging 4.7 ypc, and he is yet to run it more then 17 times in a game. Yes, I know the other side, your always far behind. Thats not good enough still.

Best case was last game against the bears, the 1st series, all runs by Carolina, they got like 55 yards, got a fg. Then the second series, they passed on 2 out of the 3 downs, picked off. And then I think it was same thing on 3rd series, although punt. Something along those lines, I think it was headline sports of FAN 590 (im in canada but a tv or radio) where I heard that. Run the damn ball !!! If your running it non-stop, and they have yet to stop you from getting a solid drive (does not have to even be a score, but maybe 2-3 first down per drive), screw it, JUST KEEP RUNNING!

2 - Where I do agree, get a good o-line. Your going to run the ball a lot, you have two great backs, fix that o-line!

3 - Screw the WR/TE. Fix that o-line some more! This is where I completely disagree with your post. Your fixing everything, yeah, in an ideal world, Carolina would have a great O-line, a great WR, a great TE, a fixed D. In reality its going to be tough to have all that. If I was Carolina's GM, I have to decide what kinda O i want, and given Carolina right now, I want a running team. Clausen is supposed to be a decent QB, I think once he gets some time, he should be ok. If for some reason, I want that great WR, I sign VJ. I dont waste a draft pick on one. Steve Smith is good enough for now.

4 - After I use my first 2 (or even 3) picks fixing that O-line, then I use my remaining draft picks and FA money to fix that D-line. Brutal rush D, and in a division with TBay and Atlanta?

But this is where I am now fired as the GM. I do not know the weak links in Carolina's O or D lines.

Oh, and if possible, I confess my love for Cowher and get him to take over as my head coach (Notice the trend of good rushing game & solid D)

Well, I dont think it is so obvious that D will is better than the Late Show.