WSIS Week 14

Baldie

Standard Scoring....10 team league.....currently 2nd place and clinched the playoffs. Would like advice on week 14 starts and suggestions on my line-up for the playoffs. Am I weak somewhere? Should I look to the WW? Our playoffs start Week 15.

QB
Brees vs Car
RB
Gore vs Sea
AP @ Bal
FJax @ TB
Ridley vs Cle (Currently pending droppage for Mathews vs NYG)
WR
Cooper vs Det
Boldin vs Sea
A Johnson @ Jax
Hilton @ Cin
M Floyd vs STL
Shorts vs Hou
TE
Gonzalez @ GB
K
Gostkowski vs Cle
DEF
SF vs Sea

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Just based on matchups
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

disclaimer: some of these rankings are off. Like Houston being listed as 26th against the pass when they are in the top 10. But you get the point.

RB- AP and Gore go without saying. AP is the best in the business and Seattle (v. Gore) is ranked 11th against the run. Not good but Gore sure is. Then again, I just read of Gore's ankle troubles. Keep that in mind and check his practice status and make sure he's active before the game.

Mathews, as in the RB-type? I would not do that! NYG are ranked 6th against the run and 11th against the pass, of which he does both. Ryan Mathews is a dud imho. Pick up Blount if you need a Ridley replacement. At least he'll get goal-line carries:

"RB LeGarrette Blount, Patriots. Picture this: Cold December football in run-friendly conditions. The Patriots need a horse and the most dazzling backs in their stable are fumblers and injury prone. Sure sounds like the makings for a strong finish for their big, bruising back. Blount has done as well as anyone on the roster between the 20s as of late, and remains the team's best red zone threat." footballdiehards.com

WR- I would play Andre the Giant against the Jax 29th-ranked pass defense.

Floyd (85 targets - 50 rec's, 778 yds, 3TD) is a lukewarm play against the 17th-ranked pass defense, St. Louis but I would play him. I don't know if you have 2 or 3 WR spots by "standard scoring" but he may be an even better play than Shorts (116 targets - 58 rec's, 700 yds, 1TD). Flip the coin but Floyd is my pick statistically if you can only play two.

I subjectively like Shorts, personally. I am really waffling between the two; Shorts and Floyd. The rankings say Floyd all the way if he's healthy. If not, I like Shorts on a hunch.

M. Floyd missed practice again today, Wednesday so beware.

Cooper could work since Detroit is ranked 22nd against the pass.

I'd sit Boldin as Seattle is 1st against the pass.

Do not play Hilton as Cin is ranked 2nd against the pass.

TE- Consider another tight end in case Gonzy gets hurt if you have the room.

Kyle Rudolph may be coming back for the playoffs. Keep an eye out even though Minnesota's pass game sucks. That might help the TE production though. It has with Carlson but now with Ponder out...

At least keep an eye on this kid:

"TE Ladarious Green, Chargers. Antonio who? Ok, ok, Green is not a sure-fire Hall of Famer like Gates, whose play has noticeably declined, but fantasy owners must be intrigued by the athleticism he has displayed the past few weeks. Working from two tight end sets, he is able to break free, and has caught a touchdown in each of the past two weeks (206 yards over the past three). Willing to take a flier on a tight end heading into the playoffs? Green would be a good gamble." footballdiehards.com

Last edited: