WR Bobby Engram Now A KC Chief

Coachnorm

The KC Chiefs has signed WR Bobby Engram to a contract. They also signed Terrance Copper. The Chiefs now have a WR Corps.

ExperiencedRookie

Dayum. Bowe and Engram.

This team is making some decent moves.

As a KC fan, I am on fire right now. I have developed a man crush on Scott Pioli. This guy has made a very nice start to building something special in KC. If Matt Cassel turns out to be an above average NFL starter and KC makes a few solid draft picks, this could be an offseason to remember.

Now we just have to wait and see what the new coaching staff can do with these players on the field.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Does this offense suddenly scare anyone?

Engram, Gonzo, and Bowe could be good for 80-90 catches a piece.

The spread suits Jamaal Charles pretty well.

ExperiencedRookie

Does this offense suddenly scare anyone?

Engram, Gonzo, and Bowe could be good for 80-90 catches a piece.

The spread suits Jamaal Charles pretty well.

Not sure it should scare anyone, but it will certainly be more difficult to contain than the gimmicky Thigpen offense that was being run last year. The less TDs thrown from WR Mark Bradley to QB Thigpen the better.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
this is bobby engram we're talking about. in the last 9 years, engram has had more than 53 catches just TWO times. he also has 18 TDs total over that span, a whopping two TDs per year. hes 36 years old. just because he had one good career year last year doesnt make him a very great signing. he'll make a nice WR3 that bowe can learn from, and hopefully he can contribute for a year or two while KC develops a real second threat next to bowe.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
on another note, if you were KC, would you trade cassel straight up for jay cutler if you could? would your fan base kill you? its an interesting thought.

from an awful abysmal year and a terrible coaching staff.... to a good fresh start, jay cutler, dwayne bowe, gonzo, and a healthy larry johnson. plus a top draft pick. that might spell playoffs out west.

Arctic Dawgs

this is bobby engram we're talking about. in the last 9 years, engram has had more than 53 catches just TWO times. he also has 18 TDs total over that span, a whopping two TDs per year. hes 36 years old. just because he had one good career year last year doesnt make him a very great signing. he'll make a nice WR3 that bowe can learn from, and hopefully he can contribute for a year or two while KC develops a real second threat next to bowe.

I almost agree with you Bomb, but can you name any #3 WR for any team that has done better during that span ?? He has done a great job filling his role for Seattle.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't think he was brought in to be #2. He was brought in to do what he always did for Seattle, come in on 3rd down and move the chains. Bradley and Bowe and Gonzales are there to move the big passing game. I like the move, it gives Cassell the "Welker" type receiver that he is used to looking for in key situations. And No, I am not saying Engram will have Welker's numbers.

RLLD

Honestly, I do not see that Engram does anything more than allow Bowe and Gonzo to get a little more open, and perhaps give Charles some opportunities to break past the LB's.....

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i just think engram will be a fantasy non-commodity, and that we'll all forget hes even on the team by a few weeks into the season too. mark him down for about 45 catches, 600 yards, and a couple scores. he'll move the chains some times, and diehard chiefs following their 5-11 team will appreciate it, but otherwise this signing means very little to me. heres hoping old man bobby has something to learn dwayne bowe about.

RLLD

i just think engram will be a fantasy non-commodity, and that we'll all forget hes even on the team by a few weeks into the season too. mark him down for about 45 catches, 600 yards, and a couple scores. he'll move the chains some times, and diehard chiefs following their 5-11 team will appreciate it, but otherwise this signing means very little to me. heres hoping old man bobby has something to learn dwayne bowe about.

I concur.

His greatest value will be to those who hold Bowe and Gonzo, and to help the KC offense in general; be he is not worth a roster spot from a fantasy perspective.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Well, I wasn't looking at it as a fantasy commodity. I was looking at it in a NFL move point of view. Giving a young Qb a solid chain mover and slot receiver is a great move. If Engram can stay healthy...adding in Bowe and Gonzales...this makes a very nice passing game.