Would you boycott the NFL over players protesting the National Anthem?

Due to players disrespect for our flag I am/am not willing to boycott for?

• I'm not giving up the NFL no matter what

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I see nothing wrong with what they are doing

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I'll boycott them for this week

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I'll boycott them until they stop doing this

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I'm done watching the NFL over this

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Arctic Dawgs

Why boycott the games ?? The way to hurt them (League/Owners) and make them do something is to boycott the sponcers. Take away the $$$

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
don't really like your choices.

I for one won't boycott the league. Fact is, folks can protest however they want in this league. Its part of the constitution. Would I protest by kneeling or such, no. But I don't begrudge those who wish to show their protest that way.

jjtweeks

what i don't get is it's part of the policy of the NFL , it's in the operations manual . I as a business owner would fire son's of bitches that do not follow my company rules. end of story. I watch football to watch football. leave your bs politics out of it. It's called law in order which nobody seems to understand anymore. You have the right to do whatever you want but if you break rules in a private company than be ok with any consequences that should arise. I hope ratings go so low that sponsors do drop out so we can get back to football. What are they accomplishing, has anything good come out of it. Why aren't they focusing their efforts on the recent tragedies that mother nature has brought upon us. Buy a hardworking young black man a car so he can get to work, give more of your millions away to boys and girls clubs for underprivileged kids. Thing is be proactive instead of reactive. Should I take a knee or do something else with such little thought because my daughter passed away this summer or should i be happy that I started a non profit foundation in her name that helps other parents in the fight against SIDS and crib deaths. Sick of all the hate. Do something good. And don't get it twisted, they did this yesterday because of what Trump said they didn't do it for any meaningful cause.

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
what i don't get is it's part of the rules of the NFL , it's in the handbook. I as a business owner would fire son's of bitches that do not follow my company rules. end of story. I watch football to watch football. leave you bs politics out of it. It's called law in order which nobody seems to understand anymore. You have the right to do whatever you want but if you break rules in a private company than be ok with any consequences that should arise. I hope ratings go so low that sponsors do drop out so we can get back to football.

Amen!

KillerFins

Staff member
I'm not sure why the President of the United States cares about this issue, doesn't he have vastly more important issues to be concerned with?

I don't really care about the protests. I love the fact that are able to do it, even if it's not something I would do. I think it's a silly way to make a statement as it does alienate a large segment of the population that you want to engage discussion with. I think there are better avenues of you really want to do some good.

KillerFins

Staff member

I think you read into that... Here is the very last line of the article:

If any NFL owner is contemplating “firing” a player for protesting the anthem, that owner should carefully think through potential reactions to such an action.

efactor

Coming at you
I will still watch but I cancelled my DTV Sunday ticket and refuse to attend games or buy NFL related merchandise. Not contributing anything additional to NFL coffers.

Think they are so off base in the way they are protesting. Does no real good and is disrespectful. Much more effective ways to contribute to change but kneeling on Sunday is much easier than actually doing something truly effective.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I'm not sure why the President of the United States cares about this issue, doesn't he have vastly more important issues to be concerned with?

I don't really care about the protests. I love the fact that are able to do it, even if it's not something I would do. I think it's a silly way to make a statement as it does alienate a large segment of the population that you want to engage discussion with. I think there are better avenues of you really want to do some good.
No one wants a discussion.

They just want to be edgy.

KillerFins

Staff member
I will still watch but I cancelled my DTV Sunday ticket and refuse to attend games or buy NFL related merchandise. Not contributing anything additional to NFL coffers.

Think they are so off base in the way they are protesting. Does no real good and is disrespectful. Much more effective ways to contribute to change but kneeling on Sunday is much easier than actually doing something truly effective.

Why are you upset with the NFL? What do you want them to do?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Here is my thing.
I confess a great deal of confusion here.
First, WHY would the NFL have any rule against this? Seriously? Why? Don't players have the right to be citizens and protest as they feel they should?
Secondly, This is the NFLPA - isn't this the big bad union that is supposed to put fear in the Owners? You know they are a couple of years away from another big bad negotiation....shouldn't they show their unity? Nope, they can't even do THAT right. Its pathetic. You got called out by a President that is too worried about stupid crap, and you blow that.

Then...lets add all the fans who boo during the National Anthem....seriously? Oh, you are booing those players exersizing their constitutional rights? So booing then is okay? Really?

Fact is everyone should just shut up on this.....no one wins, no one loses and sadly no one is right.

efactor

Coming at you
oh the NFL will lose just wait and see. from what I heard the Cowboys did their thing respectfully. Not that I'll watch

Yep. Ratings and attendance are down. Those stats are facts. TV Contracts are based on ratings. Still a lot of money but less than if ratings were up.

Last edited:

cctekguy

Staff member
Yep. Ratings and attendance are down. Those stats are facts. TV Contracts are based on ratings. Still a lot of money but less than if ratings were up.

Calling BS on this one.

I'll bet the pre-game show (specifically the National Anthem) had a HUGE viewing audience.

The old "craning your neck to see an accident" syndrome. After that, I'm sure your stats are accurate.

hikeNbike

I wont be boycotting. I call it down thr middle (middle left [emoji41]) Trump is in the wrong here as usual.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KillerFins

Staff member
What's hard to understand.? Think kneeling is disrespectful and I won't contribute to their finances.

You really thing Roger & the 32 owners want this headache? If they tried to do anything it blow up in their faces and they know it.

I'm not trying to say what you should and shouldn't do, it's your prerogative, I think they are just caught between a rock & hard place.

efactor

Coming at you
Calling BS on this one.

I'll bet the pre-game show (specifically the National Anthem) had a HUGE viewing audience.

The old "craning your neck to see an accident" syndrome. After that, I'm sure your stats are accurate.

I don't think so. It was kind of forced on viewers. I flipped over to An alternative channel every time they started showing the millionaires protesting their oppression.