Woman set to try out for LSU football team

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
AP
NEW ORLEANS - An LSU soccer player will get her chance Tuesday to see if she has what it takes to join the Tigers’ football team.

WDSU TV reports Mo Isom will tryout at that time. Isom, who is six feet tall, worked out with the team in September, practicing kickoffs and field goals. Though she is a senior, she would have a year of eligibility should she be selected for the football team.

In 2003, Katie Hnida became the first woman to kick for an NCAA Division I-A football team, participating in one regular season game as part of the University of New Mexico program. Ashley Martin was the first woman to kick in the lower-level I-AA division, playing for Jacksonville State University in 2001.

gizzil

if shes the best kicking option let the girl kick - if not then why is it a story

jjtweeks

If shes the best kicking option then LSU better practice their 2 point conversions. The girl has never kicked in much less worn pads(football kind:tongue:) but you are right gizzil, you go with who's best, I just don't see it happening