Who is your odd obsession this year?

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
You all know what I'm talking about. That player who, just as you start drafting, you become kind of obsessed with and he ends up on your team in more places than others.

For me this year apparently it's Carson Wentz. I don't know what it is, I have no real factual data to back it up, but something in my gut says he might actually be fairly decent this year..

Even as I wrote that it really didn't make any sense to me but I think he will be a decent quarterback at a great value in the drafts I've done so far.

Who's your oddball?

ExperiencedRookie

You all know what I'm talking about. That player who, just as you start drafting, you become kind of obsessed with and he ends up on your team in more places than others.

For me this year apparently it's Carson Wentz. I don't know what it is, I have no real factual data to back it up, but something in my gut says he might actually be fairly decent this year..

Even as I wrote that it really didn't make any sense to me but I think he will be a decent quarterback at a great value in the drafts I've done so far.

Who's your oddball?
Wentz is a quality target at his ADP. No QB has his receivers drop more balls than Wentz last year. There a stat for you. That can't continue.

I seem to always end up with Jack Doyle. Luck loves the TE in the RZ. Dwayne Allen gone. Recipe for success.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Wentz is a quality target at his ADP. No QB has his receivers drop more balls than Wentz last year. There a stat for you. That can't continue.

I seem to always end up with Jack Doyle. Luck loves the TE in the RZ. Dwayne Allen gone. Recipe for success.
But when will Luck actually throw a pass? That's my issue with Doyle.

cctekguy

Staff member
I'm not in a lot of leagues (1) so I can't say I'm "ending up" with anyone in particular but I'm fixed on Laquon Treadwell.

He's a 1st round pick (23rd overall) playing behind a couple of nobodies named Diggs (5th round) and Theilen (UFA).

His QB is a 1st overall selection that spent his career on a terrible team and was hobbled by injuries.

Vikings were a run first team for the last decade for 2 reasons: No QB and Adrian Peterson.

I think passing will be reborn in Minnesota and see a good chance that Treadwell will be a part of it.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm not in a lot of leagues (1) so I can't say I'm "ending up" with anyone in particular but I'm fixed on Laquon Treadwell.

He's a 1st round pick (23rd overall) playing behind a couple of nobodies named Diggs (5th round) and Theilen (UFA).

His QB is a 1st overall selection that spent his career on a terrible team and was hobbled by injuries.

Vikings were a run first team for the last decade for 2 reasons: No QB and Adrian Peterson.

I think passing will be reborn in Minnesota and see a good chance that Treadwell will be a part of it.
Diggs is no joke. Good player.

Bradford feeds Rudolph too.

Treadwell blows.,

efactor

Coming at you

Problem with that is that both Diggs and Theilen are good despite their "nobody" status.

Theilen was #19 in PPR from the point he became a starter in week 5. His ADP is criminally low, which is why he will be on most of my teams this year.

I think Treadwell is going to be a wasted 1st rounder for the Vikings.

efactor

Coming at you
Two guys I will end up with a lot are Edelmann and Sanders

The craziest thing I have seen in drafts so far (IBL) is the fact that Cooks is going around the 2-3 turn, but you can get Edlemann around the mid 5th. I would be surprised if there is more than a 20 point difference at years end and wouldn't be shocked if Edlemann outscores Cooks. Familiarity with Brady and the style of play of the Pats offense will still feed Edlemann.

To a point, same with Sanders. Thomas going around the 2-3 turn and Sanders in the mid 5th to early 6th.

KillerFins

Staff member
Sanders is way too inconsistent for me, can't trust to start him. He only had 4 games over 15 FP... I'll pass. Thomas on the other hand had 8.

Agree with you about Cooks, I don't trust anyone in that offense to be reliable with the exception of a healthy Gronk. Edelmann's value is much better, but still think if Gronk is healthy that is going to make him inconsistent.

KillerFins

Staff member
Willie Snead is one I really like at the value he is going. He got off to a huge start in the first two games last year, adn then suffered a toe injury that bothered him all year. With Cooks gone he should see plenty of targets and be highly efficient in the Saints offense.

efactor

Coming at you
Sanders is way too inconsistent for me, can't trust to start him. He only had 4 games over 15 FP... I'll pass. Thomas on the other hand had 8.

Agree with you about Cooks, I don't trust anyone in that offense to be reliable with the exception of a healthy Gronk. Edelmann's value is much better, but still think if Gronk is healthy that is going to make him inconsistent.

As far as Sanders, the QB situation should be better this year with Simeon in his 2nd year (assuming he remains the starter). Still, he finished within 15 points of Thomas and didn't play week 17. Point is he was better value to where he was picked.

The only year that both Gronk and Edelman both were healthy the entire season, he finished with 92 catches and almost 1000 yards. I just don't see a huge drop for him even with a healthy Gronk and Cooks. He's Brady's boy and tough as nails. Not gonna sit with a minor injury. Plus, he has dropped from going in mid 3rd to going in mid 5th. Screams value to me. Sure, he will have some dud games but all receivers drafted at that point do.

efactor

Coming at you
Willie Snead is one I really like at the value he is going. He got off to a huge start in the first two games last year, adn then suffered a toe injury that bothered him all year. With Cooks gone he should see plenty of targets and be highly efficient in the Saints offense.

Big fan of Willie this year too. With Cooks gone, I wouldn't be surprised if he has an 1100 season. If he can get 6 plus TDs, he's gold. As you pointed out, he had a solid year last year playing dinged up.

ExperiencedRookie

As far as Sanders, the QB situation should be better this year with Simeon in his 2nd year (assuming he remains the starter). Still, he finished within 15 points of Thomas and didn't play week 17. Point is he was better value to where he was picked.

The only year that both Gronk and Edelman both were healthy the entire season, he finished with 92 catches and almost 1000 yards. I just don't see a huge drop for him even with a healthy Gronk and Cooks. He's Brady's boy and tough as nails. Not gonna sit with a minor injury. Plus, he has dropped from going in mid 3rd to going in mid 5th. Screams value to me. Sure, he will have some dud games but all receivers drafted at that point do.
Word out of Denver camp is that the QB play has been pretty horrendous so far.

I'm not expecting another season of DT and Sanders both being relevant.

efactor

Coming at you
Word out of Denver camp is that the QB play has been pretty horrendous so far.

I'm not expecting another season of DT and Sanders both being relevant.

Early camp news is always hard for me to take too seriously, good or bad. Not gonna move Alex Smith up my draft board because he is lighting it up in camp.

I just don't see the situation as worse than last year. Thomas and Sanders got 50'percent of the teams targets (only team with 50 percent for two guys). Don't really see that changing.

Both are really good receivers. More size and raw talent for Thomas but Sanders is a great route runner and always seems open. Simeon missed a ton of open downfield shots to Sanders last year. With even minimal improvement on his part, Sanders numbers should improve. Also, not like they will be a great running team with CJ and Booker.

hikeNbike

Phillip Rivers, seems like he has a pretty solid core of receivers even if Allen doesnt stay healthy. I like Henry a lot at TE. Then Williams seems in line fof a breakout and Gordon is pretty good at catching passes out of the backfield. But my biggest feadon here is he seems to be dirt cheap. Seems to be going in round 11 or 12 of the 10 team mocks ive been doing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk