Which RB for rest of season

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Ameer Abdullah coming off a decent performance vs NYG in which he rushed 17 times for 86 yds... but still part of a commitee.

or

Mark Ingram... part of a 3 headed monsker in N.O. has 9 catches so far with decent overall yardage totals.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
That's a tough one German. Two guys with injury history. I'd swing with Ameer. What the Saints are doing is mind boggling and Ingram's points are mostly in garbage time. Points are points I know but sooner or later I have to figure the always slow starting Saint's are going to be competitive. Sean loves the new rookie RB and he's taking away a ton of Ingram's work and that seems to be increasing each week. AP whined and gathered a few more looks this past weekend. He won't like it but we should sit him down unless Ingram gets hurt. Three guys almost splitting the runs doesn't allow anyone to get rolling.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wow, this is a tough one. To me, the fear in N.O. is Kamara. They love the kid, and I think eventually he will out carry both Ingram and Peterson(if Peterson is even there all season).

But I simply don't trust Abdullah. I don't think he can stay healthy and be the back Detroit needs. The O-line was addressed and he still isn't all that.

Of the two though, Abdullah doesn't really have anyone pushing him, so I guess I would also have to lean Abdullah.

Might I suggest you package one or both(Abduallah's value is probably at an all time high now) and get a real Rb you can rely on ongoing

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
Interesting that someone asks. I have a side bet with Efactor about the two players regarding total fantasy points produced by Week 17, including injury and all.

I took Abdullah.

IMO, both are low level RB3 until the Lions and Saints straighten a few things out. Abdullah is on his way up (with injury concerns of course); Ingram is on his way down (read: Kamara).

So far so good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I posed the question due to the fact I'm HURTIN' for an RB and both of these guys were just dropped in my 12 teamer.. I think I'm gonna take a shot at Abdullah with my waiver.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
I posed the question due to the fact I'm HURTIN' for an RB and both of these guys were just dropped in my 12 teamer.. I think I'm gonna take a shot at Abdullah with my waiver.
I'd like to join your 12-team league that just dropped Abdullah and Ingram after 2 weeks of play. If you have room, pick up both, and see where it goes. Kamara may get hurt, AP gets cut, and it's the Ingram show all to himself (given that Brees gets his head out of his arse.)

But Abdullah has the potential, the room, and the energy. Ingram is slowing down a bit, and the new guy is sucking everything out of the room. It is what it is.

hikeNbike

I am going with Abdullah. Probably a lower floor especially with his injury history, but I feel like the ceiling on Ingram is so limited with the Saints being mostly a passing team and Kamara getting most of the catches out od thr backfield.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk