What would be become of the remnants?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Say this big shot happens.

Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Utah, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, and Missouri all leave for other conferences.

What becomes of the Big 12? Who gets added or does anyone?

What happens to the Big East?

Do top WAC and Mountain West schools form a league?

Thoughs?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Say this big shot happens.

Colorado, Texas, Texas A&M, Utah, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, and Missouri all leave for other conferences.

What becomes of the Big 12? Who gets added or does anyone?

What happens to the Big East?

Do top WAC and Mountain West schools form a league?

Thoughs?

If I were the big 12, I would look to see if I could snitch a Pac 10 team or two...or get a Utah or Iowa State or some other up and coming lower conf. school.

big East....don't know...they are really stuck if this happens.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
If I were the big 12, I would look to see if I could snitch a Pac 10 team or two...or get a Utah or Iowa State or some other up and coming lower conf. school.

The Big 12 snatching away a Pac-10 team? Without Texas? Even with Texas that's a stretch. The Big 12 should be courting Arkansas. If they want to save the Big 12, dump Baylor, add Arkansas. Univ. of Arkansas has traditional rivalries with the former SWC schools & is located geographically near Oklahoma State, Missouri, & not too far away from the Kansas schools.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Arkansas accelerated the death of the Southwest Conference by heading to the SEC in 1990.

Many forget Texas A&M wanted that spot, but were blocked by LSU.

The best natural rival in the current Big 12 for Arkansas is Texas, and obviously the only way for the pigs to get in is if we left. Arkansas gets way too much money from the SEC to leave. They are stuck.

I really dont know who could be brought in when you look at the grand scheme of things. Im sure OU would love it, because they pretty much would have an automatic path to the BCS every year as conference champion.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
There is NO way a team would leave the SEC! Some have tossed Kentucky's name out there for the Big 10....not a chance. They are not leaving the cash cow that the SEC has become. The Big 10 makes a shit load of money.......but even they don't come close to matching the SEC. The SEC is truly in a world of their own from that standpoint.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I agree. However, it also shows two of our 'natural' rivals who didnt care about that when it became $ time. I truly hope the powers that be at Texas dont consider the fate of the aggies when this move happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Whether its the Big Ten or Pac-10, I think whatever conference comes calling to Texas will have to walk away with both schools or nothing. Texas can not be the only warm weather school in a conference with its nearest neighbor over 1,000 miles away. Texas A&M has great athletics & academics, they are an attractive program too.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Texas A&M has the research academics, but the sports programs are not on the level of Texas, USC, Ohio State.

My point was the Aggies had no problem trying to whore out to the SEC before, so why consider them now.