What team do we expect to move into elite status

mills

Just for fun's sake, I propose this question. What team do we see moving into the elite rankings of the top tier teams in 2009? This being, they have a young team, they make the right moves in the off season and start on the track to get to the championship... When I ask this, two teams come to mind... Houston Texans and the Atlanta Falcons. Both are young teams and both have the ability to become a top team next year. Do you have any teams in mind and what moves do they need to make to get there?

Bayton

Well, if young is a req than I think Green bay would qualify. They still are in pretty decent shape offensively. Defensively some players have underperformed and injuries play there part for any team. Houston I agree if their D-line gets an addition and Shaub manages to stay healthy. But, the 49ers intrigue me considering how they reacted to Singeltary

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
off the top of my head.....

I like the Bills, if they can just get a decent receiver opposit Evans. That and Lynch takes his head ouf of his butt...and behaves. The defense is getting stronger...and a solid draft would fix most issues.

Atlanta isn't too far off, but they made the playoffs...so not sure that is what you want.

Quite honestly, if N.O. gets a #1 rb, and some defense...they also could go much farther.

Jacksonville was decimated by injury and bad play. Get some receivers and fix the O-line..and they will be back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The Bills have been sitting right on the edge for a few years. I question if Jauron can get them over the hump.