• Everson Walls, DB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ty Law, CB

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The NFL has released it's list of nominees for the 2018 HOF class. They will narrow this list to only 10 players and then narrow it again to 5 players before taking their final vote. I am curious how the Outlaws would vote. Please cast your vote for the FIVE players that you feel are most deserving to enter the HOF. There is a limit in the software as to how many choices I can list on a poll so the names are on the next 2 posts. Please cast a TOTAL of 5 votes across the next 2 pages.

Ray Lewis, LB

Brian Urlacher, LB

Edgerrin James, RB

Randy Moss, WR

Terrell Owens, WR

Isaac Bruce, WR

John Lynch, S

Brian Dawkins, S

Everson Walls, DB

Ty Law, CB

Tony Boselli, OT

Kevin Mawae, C

Joe Jacoby, OT

Steve Hutchinson, OG

Alen Faneca, OG

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Well crap I can not start a second poll on this same thread so you are going to have to list any guys you want to vote for from the following list. Sorry but you can copy and paste with little effort.

The remaining 5 that you can pick from.

Tony Boselli, OT

Kevin Mawae, C

Joe Jacoby, OT

Steve Hutchinson, OG

Alen Faneca, OG

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Feel free to state your opinions, campaign for or against any of these candidates. Think Terrell who is second all-time in receiving yards and third all-time in receiving touchdowns should make it in his 3rd try or is his off the field garbage a disqualifier for you and your vote?

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
If T.O. doesn't make it this time then the Hall will become even more of a joke than it did by putting Jerry Jones in last year.

At the time they were playing T.O. and Randy Moss were the two best WRs period. Moss was just a freak of nature with amazing talent and skills and T.O. was a beast that literally out worked everyone in the game.

No doubt that T.O. has a full bag of crazy but what does that have to do with his play on the field? I think it is such a huge double standard when it comes to him. You never hear anyone say:

'[player x] was an average player on the field but he was such an exemplary person off the field that we should put him in the HOF'

But for some reason people accept the argument that T.O. was great on the field but because he was "..." off the field he doesn't belong in the HOF.

efactor

Coming at you
If T.O. doesn't make it this time then the Hall will become even more of a joke than it did by putting Jerry Jones in last year.

At the time they were playing T.O. and Randy Moss were the two best WRs period. Moss was just a freak of nature with amazing talent and skills and T.O. was a beast that literally out worked everyone in the game.

No doubt that T.O. has a full bag of crazy but what does that have to do with his play on the field? I think it is such a huge double standard when it comes to him. You never hear anyone say:

'[player x] was an average player on the field but he was such an exemplary person off the field that we should put him in the HOF'

But for some reason people accept the argument that T.O. was great on the field but because he was "..." off the field he doesn't belong in the HOF.

T.O was a man among boys. Loved watching him play with the Niners. Such an exciting player to watch after the catch.

Had some baggage but never doubted his effort. I can never remember him bitching about not getting the ball if they won. Unfortunate how he left SF and his comments about Garcia. Ridiculous that he didn’t get in on first ballot.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
My 5th vote is a write in for Alen Faneca, OG. Simply put he was one of the very best to play IMO.

I also went with:

Brian Urlacher, LB

Randy Moss, WR

Terrell Owens, WR

and Ty Law, CB.

I'd have liked to have voted for Isaac Bruce but up against Moss and Owens forget about it. Also I wonder if his success was mostly a product of the system. The greatest show on turf? I hope Kevin Mawae makes it some day as I feel he is deserving. There are so many great players on the list this year that it is hard to narrow it down to 5 after the Moss, Owens, Urlacher picks.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Lbs should be first - Lewis and Urlacher
Then 2 of the WRs - Owens and Moss
then I went with Dawkins as he was the prototypical S before we HAD the prototypical S

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Lbs should be first - Lewis and Urlacher
Then 2 of the WRs - Owens and Moss
then I went with Dawkins as he was the prototypical S before we HAD the prototypical S
Nailed it!! So glad Owens and Moss got in, as well as Dawkins!!!