• Weight: 203 lbs
  • Projected 40 time - 4.34 to 4.41
2008 Stats
  • 78 Tackles
  • 7 Ints
  • 2 blocked kicks
Draft Projection - Top 15 pick

NFL Impact

Davis is a physical specimen and possesses all of the measurables to be the best corner taken in this year's draft. He is projected to go in the top 15 but NFL.com’s Mike Mayock sees him as the #2 ranked corner in this year’s draft. His college resume shows him to be an instinctive tackler and dazzling playmaker. The knocks on him have been inconsistent hands....but then again he's playing defense. Most teams looking at a first round corner will want a guy who can run with #1 wr's (Davis ran a 4.40 in high school), can break on the ball, has enough leaping ability to break up long passes, and has instincts to make solid tackles. Davis has all of those qualities and with good combine numbers should vault to the top corner taken in the draft.

So where do you see Davis going in this year's draft and more importantly how do you see him as an NFL corner?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd3809mIlvI"]YouTube - CB Vontae Davis Highlights Illinois 2008[/ame]

GRS0002

I would hate for my team to darft this guy... you forgot to mention in his write up that he's not disaplined, shows aggression, and get lost at times has to try and for with his athletic ability. Great combine guy - just like his brother. You can't be undisciplined in the NFL. He may be able to take chances with college WR's, but he won't catch up to NFL WR's when he screws up. Agression is just asking for penalty's and NFL WR's to be able to get into his head.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I would hate for my team to darft this guy... you forgot to mention in his write up that he's not disaplined, shows aggression, and get lost at times has to try and for with his athletic ability. Great combine guy - just like his brother. You can't be undisciplined in the NFL. He may be able to take chances with college WR's, but he won't catch up to NFL WR's when he screws up. Agression is just asking for penalty's and NFL WR's to be able to get into his head.

Good input. :thumbsup: I hadn't heard much about dicipline problems. His 40 time wasn't all that impressive but he pretty much will go first by default.