VJax to the Vikes

SchultzAndy

Fantasy Football Veteran
Would help my squad out a TON if I can have VJax in a Vike's uniform as an option come week four. :grin: Not to mention it would help out the Vike's squad even more. I hope it goes thru.

Actually would be week 5 if the suspension is lifed because I believe Vike's are on bye week 4.

Remote Controller

Vikings | Ready to make offer for Vincent Jackson Thu Sep 16, 10:24 AM
The Minnesota Vikings are poised to offer a high draft pick to the San Diego Chargers for WR Vincent Jackson if Jackson wins his grievance hearing Thursday, Sept. 16, according to John Czarnecki, of FOXSports.com.

Remote Controller

V-Jax Eligible to Play in Week #5 If Traded --
Thu Sep 16, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports a settlement has been reached where disgruntled WR Vincent Jackson is eligible to play in week #5 if he's traded.

Arctic Dawgs

Players should have just stuck together and said "If the SDC suspention applies to him when he goes to another team, we will all sit for those 3 weeks"

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
This is set up PERFECTLY for the Vikes. Compromise sets him up for a week 5 ret with Minny only missing 3 games and he can come back after his bye.

DJax is going to be a Vike by the weekend and I am going to be one happy owner of him in the BWW league.

cctekguy

Staff member
I'll be happy too.

Minny is a safe place for him to vanish from the fantasy scene.

Neither him nor his Favre replacement QB will know the playbook. :grin:

Remote Controller

This is set up PERFECTLY for the Vikes. Compromise sets him up for a week 5 ret with Minny only missing 3 games and he can come back after his bye.

DJax is going to be a Vike by the weekend and I am going to be one happy owner of him in the BWW league.
....and VJax too! :grin:

Remote Controller

-- V-Jax Works Out a New Deal, But... --
Sat Sep 18, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com​
NBC Sports reports a league source states at least one team has worked out a deal with disgruntled WR Vincent Jackson, so the question becomes whether the Chargers can agree to the terms of a trade. The thinking is that the Chargers will wait until the Week Two games have been played, given the possibility that a high-end wideout on a contending team pops an ACL on Sunday afternoon, Sunday night, or Monday night. If that happens, the freshly-injured player's team could jump into the bidding. The broader question remains whether the Chargers want to trade Jackson. The team could opt instead to squat on his rights and hope that the current provision in the CBA that would make him a restricted free agent in 2011 survives the negotiation process. (The thinking is that it won't.) Alternatively, the Chargers could let Jackson leave as an unrestricted free agent in 2011, and they could collect as much as a third-round compensatory draft pick in 2012. The team currently linked most strongly to Jackson is the Vikings. The Seahawks and the Rams also have been mentioned in the past. Jackson worked out in the offseason with Redskins QB Donovan McNabb.

Arctic Dawgs

The team could opt instead to squat on his rights and hope that the current provision in the CBA that would make him a restricted free agent in 2011 survives the negotiation process.

I would hardly call this fair bargaining what SD has done with Jackson or their LT, forcing them to play for pennies. Far as I am concerned every player in the NFL should sit and refuse to play this weekend until they are both declared free Agents.

Remote Controller

I would hardly call this fair bargaining what SD has done with Jackson or their LT, forcing them to play for pennies. Far as I am concerned every player in the NFL should sit and refuse to play this weekend until they are both declared free Agents.
I bet he couln't find 2 that would want to support him in this.

Remote Controller

-- V-Jax Trade Rumors Circulating --
Tue Sep 21, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com​
The San Diego Union-Tribune reports there is talk ongoing between the Chargers and other teams about WR Vincent Jackson, but not nearly as much as there is going on elsewhere. As rumors fly -- including one prevalent one that Jackson was actually being flown to Minnesota on the Vikings owner's private plane -- the disgruntled receiver remains firmly in the Chargers' control. His agents have the parameters of a deal done with at least one team and have outlined deals with other clubs, but the Chargers have yet to find a deal to their liking, sources said. The most active suitor is, indeed, the Vikings. And they are the most likely to get Jackson. But there is at least one other team on the line. In order to be able to play before the seventh week of the season, Jackson must be traded by 1 p.m. (PT) Wednesday.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
So first I heard that Jackson going to Minnesota was going to happen now I'm hearing no deal will be done by the deadline tomorrow.