TRs Seattle Drafts

Arctic Dawgs

Seattle - I know....HOW DARE I SUGGEST YOU TAKE BJ RAJI HERE....but I know that they do need a long term solution at OT, and Eugene Monroe is arguable as athletic as Jason Smith. Keeping Matt Hasselbeck off his arse will aid in letting him make some plays with new toy TJ Houshmandzadeh. Cant argue too much with this pick.

Here's what TR has selected in the 1st 4 Rds during his 4 years as Seattles GM. See attached exel file

DL - 2006, Tapp (Rd 2) - 2007, Mebane (Rd 3), Atkins (Rd 4) - 2008, Jackson (Rd 1), Bryant (Rd 4)
LB - 2005, Tatupu (Rd 2), Hill (Rd 3)
DB - 2006, Jennings (Rd 1) - 2007, Wilson (Rd 2)

While many see weaknesses in Seattles defence, that is 10 quality draft picks in 4 years, that does not include Trufant or some of the FA aquisitions.

OL - 2005, Spencer (Rd 1), Willis (Rd 4) - 2006, Simms (Rd 4) - 2007, Wrotto (Rd 4)
Skill Off - 2005, Greene (Rd 3) - 2008, Carlson (Rd 2)

I have no real problem with the WR FAs other than the costs paid for Branch and Burleson. Last years offseason was a disaster at RB. The Duckett signing could be justified but Jones and then cuttin Sean ?? WTF. Back then and now, I'm of the opinion that Seattle should not have signed Jones, cut S.A., or drafted Jackson last year.

TE/RB should have been the main focus last year, with OL very close. They could/should have traded back from the 1st round and filled all 3 in the secound.

TR has been very public about his feelings that he can get OL in the later rounds, but I do not see any Probowlers out of any of his later round selections during his 4 years at the helm so far. The last time Seattle had healthy Probowlers at RB and on the Oline they went to the Superbowl.

To those that feel that Seattle should continue to use high picks on Defensive players, What do you want to see from them ?? If all those high picks cannot put a very good 11 on the field the problem is not players. Being able to control the clock and move the chains is the best way to improve the D.

Adding that future Probowler to the Oline now with a RB that was able to take advantage of those holes would put the Seahawks back up at the top of the NFC West very soon and keep them there for some time. Trying to find that Probowler in the 4th or 5th round will only lead to the continuation of the decline we have witnessed during TRs reign in Seattle.

Attachments

• TRs Drafts.xls
    15 KB · Views: 174

Arctic Dawgs

I think they were trying to keep this quiet predraft. Has been some unsubstantiated chatter on a couple 'Hawks Forums

Apr 08, 2009 06:29 PM CDT
Jones out indefinitely
The News
According to the News Tribune, there is no timetable for tackle Walter Jones's return. He stated that he has no idea when he'll be medically cleared.
Our View
Seattle will likely be targeting a tackle in the draft now, as it appears they can't count on Jones to contribute right away. He's no spring chicken at 35 and the severity of his injury makes for the scary reality that he may not play much this year.

If Ruskell wants to go D they better bring in some Gun Control Legislation first in Washington State

Arctic Dawgs

Local Report on TR and draft

Ruskell and new Seahawks head coach Jim Mora, working their first draft together, have stuck with the mantra that they will choose the player they believe will give them the best chance to win now.
Unless, of course, it’s a quarterback.
And Ruskell also claims his team has no glaring needs, therefore expanding the pool of potential players the Seahawks may select in the first round.

Ruskell maintains that he feels comfortable with the state of his offensive line.
The Seahawks signed Sean Locklear to a five-year, $32 million deal in 2008 with the idea that Locklear could be the future replacement for Jones. This season, Seattle further committed to that plan by signing Ray Willis to a two-year deal to fill in at right tackle when Locklear moves to the left side.
And even with offensive tackles Jason Smith of Baylor and Eugene Monroe of Virginia possibly available when Seattle selects at No. 4, Ruskell said there is offensive line talent available later in the draft.
Further, with the team’s switch to a zone blocking scheme, Ruskell thinks Seattle doesn’t necessarily need power blockers up front, instead needing nimble lineman who can get upfield to seal off linebackers.
“It’s a good group, and you know what, it lasts for awhile,” Ruskell said. “It’s not just the guys everybody is talking about. We think there’s value on through Day 1 and Day 2, and in the interior as well. I’m happy overall with the offensive line group, not just at the top.”

Not a team in the NFL has any respect for Seattles run game/OLine, Yet TR is happy with them. Focking Bonehead

:xpissed:

Arctic Dawgs

Trade Rumours for #4 ??

April 17, 2009 9:08 AM
Washington sniffing around Seattle's No. 4 pick?

Posted by Danny O'Neil

The Washington Post's Jason La Canfora says Washington and the New York Jets are two teams interested in moving up in the draft order to choose USC quarterback this report right here. Washington currently holds the No. 13 overall pick.
"I continue to hear that the Skins' primary focus is to move up to draft USC quarterback Mark Sanchez ... Moving up for Sanchez will likely require that the Redskins move to the third or fourth spot. Both Kansas City and Seattle are amenable to dealing down, according to sources. The New York Jets, who pick at 17, are the other team highly motivated to move up and get Sanchez. "Several sources have suggested the Redskins have begun to send out feelers on what it might take to get Seattle's pick, and the Seahawks, at this stage, would likely seek two first-round picks on the high end. That was a price the Redskins were willing to pay for Chad Johnson last year and Jay Cutler a few weeks back, although neither deal was completed."
-- Jason La Canfora, Washington Post

TR denies phone calls/interest in the #4 pick but will Seattle be the 1st team to make a draft day deal ??