Tom Benson dies

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The owner of the Saints and Pelicans has passed away at the age of 90. Tom saved New Orleans from losing the Saints when he purchased the Saints. He got to see his beloved Saints when one championship. I thank you Tom for saving our Saints. May God bless your family and friends. Tom is likely doing the Benson Boogie right about now. RIP Tom.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
This is going to start an absolute war between his family.

There's a whole lot about that family that a whole lot of people don't know.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
There had been an on going struggle for who would get control of the team once Tom had left this world and some of the family had already taking the team away.. An agreement was reached in early February but the details have remained sealed. I would think that we'll soon find out. My fingers are crossed Khan.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This is going to start an absolute war between his family.

There's a whole lot about that family that a whole lot of people don't know.
Per NFL.com the NFL has already accepted her as the new owner, and the vote has already happened. Add to that the whole legal battle on the change on the will has already been contested and turned down by courts I believe.

Doesn't mean it won't happen again, but until courts change things current Wife it in control of both the NFL and NBA teams.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I wasn't necessarily just talkin about the teams he owned. The guy owns quite a bit of a little town just south of Austin and his wife's free rein to spend whatever she wants on a upscale District of this tiny little town has always caused a bit of an issue between him and his kids.

If I remember correctly his will was changed fairly recently that severely diminished what his kids got when he died.