The 2017 Lineup Doctor

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Your attending physician will again be PhiCinFan this year when he is in the house. When he's out you'll get the Nurse Practitioners. You have fantasy questions and PhiCin has answers. Fire away.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Doc, I real excited about Tyreek Hill this season and have reason to believe that you are as well. However this week he faces a BellyCheck coached team that has excelled at taking away the other teams best weapon over the years and he's had ALL off season to plan it. Would you close your eyes and start him anyway ignoring the obvious or is Goldon Tate vs ARI (tough corners), Decker vs the Raiders, or Theilin vs the Saints a better play this wee? I'm leaning to the Vike facing the Saints on his home field and need someone to talk me off of the edge. Help me Doc!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Doc, I real excited about Tyreek Hill this season and have reason to believe that you are as well. However this week he faces a BellyCheck coached team that has excelled at taking away the other teams best weapon over the years and he's had ALL off season to plan it. Would you close your eyes and start him anyway ignoring the obvious or is Goldon Tate vs ARI (tough corners), Decker vs the Raiders, or Theilin vs the Saints a better play this wee? I'm leaning to the Vike facing the Saints on his home field and need someone to talk me off of the edge. Help me Doc!
Wow solid starting question.......THE DR IS IN!

First yes I am VERY, VERY high on Hill. He will be the starting and main Wr this year for KC, which has little receiving depth other than Kelce. Add to that, he will still maintain his specialty roles in the offense with runs, wildcat Qb and others. So to me he will only improve on what he did last year. For now he won't be doing returning, but I bet that happens again if needed so those in leagues where you get return pts this makes him even more valuable.

As for against NE, I am not as high on the NE defense as most. But they should be pretty solid. I would take Hill over Tate vs. Ari(as you state Ari has a great defense), and until I SEE Decker in Tenn in a game and see how much he gets used...I will avoid. Theilin vs. the Saints is a very sweet play as the coverages will roll to take away Diggs and Rudlolph.

So my perscription - for sure steady pts I would lean Theilen, but for the boom/bust high pts, I would go Hill.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Thanks Doc. I left a tub of home made butter in the lobby for you. Those 2 corners for the Pats will hold back Tyreek or so I fear. I'm all aboard the Theilin train.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Doc, what's up? I think I must be having an adverse reaction to our prescription. Signed, feeling bad.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Well, I did say Boom or Bust, lets see how the Theilan pill goes down before we declare issues ;)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
True on both counts Doc. To be honest I gave you a list of symptoms that proved to be untrue. It wasn't Hill that the Pats looked to shut down. Hail there wasn't anyone that they shut down but I guess they did a tolerable job on Kelce. That stud Alex Smith showed why he's been near the top of every draft board didn't he?

jjtweeks

Ok standard scoring. Reed or Doyle. Reed is dealing with the bad toe so should I take the safe route with Doyle

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
There's a real chance that the Doc. won't be in the office in time to answer this so I'll have the nurse come in to see you.:)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ahh young man that's a nasty crud you've come in about on a Sunday. Reed vs the Eagles who are ranked #2 vs TE's or Doyle facing off with Arizona who are nearly as tough on TE's ranked #5.

I'd suggest that you stay with Reed because it could be one of the few times that you get to use him this year. That and the fact that he is a 10 times better TE who was able to get in limited practices every day this week. A "limited" Reed whoops a healthy Doyle in my book. The receptionist is out please leave your payment on the counter. Good luck.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I can see if you went with Reed, play him till he isn't playing, but I might have leaned Doyle. Of course I haven't seen scores yet

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wow solid starting question.......THE DR IS IN!

First yes I am VERY, VERY high on Hill. He will be the starting and main Wr this year for KC, which has little receiving depth other than Kelce. Add to that, he will still maintain his specialty roles in the offense with runs, wildcat Qb and others. So to me he will only improve on what he did last year. For now he won't be doing returning, but I bet that happens again if needed so those in leagues where you get return pts this makes him even more valuable.

As for against NE, I am not as high on the NE defense as most. But they should be pretty solid. I would take Hill over Tate vs. Ari(as you state Ari has a great defense), and until I SEE Decker in Tenn in a game and see how much he gets used...I will avoid. Theilin vs. the Saints is a very sweet play as the coverages will roll to take away Diggs and Rudlolph.

So my perscription - for sure steady pts I would lean Theilen, but for the boom/bust high pts, I would go Hill.
Ahem.....cough, cough :D The Dr is Wise....the Dr is IN! ;)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Please fill out this paper work. The Doc had an emergency and was called in to the hospital so he'll be in the office after he saves another life. Here's a nice book for you to read while you wait.