Stud to Dud

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Trying to think of another player that fits this scenario. In all my years of playing FF I really can't think of another person that has suffered this type of decline.

Has not been injured!
Position has not changed!
Role on team has not changed!
Hasn't been benched!
Hasn't lost QB!
Hasn't lost significant O-lineman!
Hasn't had coaching change!

That's right, Kareem Hunt was the stud that was carrying my team through the first 5 weeks not scoring below 12 pts in standard league. In the last 5 games he has a high of 9 pts being scored last week and a culmination of a big whopping 1 pt yesterday.

Thanks Kareem Hunt. You have gone from fantasy gold to garbage in the span of the same year. Outside of injury I can't recall any other player that has gone from fantasy elite to struggling to compete with the WW pickups that I could be streaming and getting more points from.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
In ppr formats Hunt remains in the top five. Granted he did all of his good work early. Hunt is still the same RB that was scorching defenses early in the year. He hasn't changed but the team around him has broken down. He's not getting the carries he was. He is certainly not getting the targets that he was. Even Kelce put up a stinked week 12 to show how far this team has fallen. They can't block worth a tinkers dam. Andy said yesterday that the blame lies with him and I mostly agree. As far as not losing his QB I beg to differ. This is not the same Alex Smith that we saw the first half of the season. I'm not sure if he's been possessed or what but this isn't the same guy behind center.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Yeah, I think the smoke and mirrors are starting to be revealed. In the beginning of the season KC would score off of dynamic big plays. They didn't really sustain any long drives. Now defenses are shutting down the big plays and the offense can't drive the field.

Amazing what a difference a little scheming and film study can do.

efactor

Coming at you
I knew Alex was playing over his head, but shesh, this is 2008 Alex. How about a happy medium?

Hunt is still running hard, but no place to go. Getting hit at the line makes it tough.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
No holes at all being made by the O line. It's pathetic at this stage to watch. Yet they stll lead the division if a spark could be lit. I hope they start throwing more to Hunt and someone needs to convince Smith to go back to taking shots down the field. That's if they can block long enough for the receivers to get down the field.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
As Mud points out, the issues are the O-line. I believe it was a reason Andy went to the gimmick offense this year, to take pressure off the O-line. Unfortunately for Andy, this is the NFL, and Defenses have caught on. Add to that A.Smith has reverted to A.Smith and won't throw the ball more than 10 yards, and Hunt has nowhere to go.

I do think as weather changes, more emphasis will be put on Hunt. I just hope that happens soon, as we get to playoffs in Fantasy, I could REALLY use Hunt to be Hunt.