Steelers Tag Max Starks

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Max Starks was tagged today for 8.451 mil.

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive tackle Max Starks received the team's franchise tag Thursday -- even though he isn't guaranteed a job as a starter.

Starks became the 13th NFL player tagged before the 4 p.m. ET deadline. He received a one-year tender at $8.451 million. Last year, Starks had a $6.985 million franchise tender as the team's transition tag. The franchise number given to Starks this year was based on the average of the top-five cap numbers of offensive linemen around the league from last season.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
this is getting ridiculous. like half of the teams used franchise tags this year! i thought normally theres like 5 of them that get used.

Coachnorm

Actually, as a second year tagee he gets the top 5 average salaries or 120% of last years tag number whichever is greater.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Meh. Desperation breeds actions like this one. The only place Starks is any good is on Madden. Steelers need youth, size, and aggression.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Meh. Desperation breeds actions like this one. The only place Starks is any good is on Madden. Steelers need youth, size, and aggression.
Was wondering what the homer's would think about this....I don't see this as a great move, but to be honest, the rest of this team is solid enough that is doesn't matter much.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Was wondering what the homer's would think about this....I don't see this as a great move, but to be honest, the rest of this team is solid enough that is doesn't matter much.

O line should be one of two priorities. The other is D-line. Both sides are getting older and slower and we lack the maulers required to play Steeler football. D line is just not as dominant as they have been in the past BUT they are still walls requiring double teams leaving the linebackers to bring the hurt.

In my dreams the Steelers get either a safety, corner, or o line prospect with the first two picks.