So What Are Boldin and Peppers Thinking Now?

Boldin/ Peppers: Sit Or Get Off The Pot? Which One Will Play For Another Team?

• Anquan Boldin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Julius Peppers

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Both

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Neither One

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Coachnorm

Anquan Boldin and Julius Peppers have been saying they wanted to be traded. They have been feed the line "you know how hard it is to pull off a deal" as their teams continue to make offers that doesn't please them. Well, in the light of recent big moves you would think that ploy doesn't seem to hold much water. Will we see them push the envelope harder now? Or has their complaints just been ploys for bigger contacts from their teams? Time to put up or resign?

Bayton

I think the Teams are calling the players bluff. The Cards have said that they dont want to trade Boldin. Hell, they havent traded Edge and they dont really want him anymore. Peppers almost better cut a deal ala Haynsworth. Play for his 17 or w/e million as long as they dont retag him and hit free agency next year.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Both of these guys are mysteries to me. Typically you don't see guys in favorable situations such as them crowing so loudly about contract demands when their teams obviously want them back. Makes you wonder what exactly has gone on behind the scenes as far as front office discussions go to tick these fellows off so badly.
Bolden should stay put on a team that's clearly on the rise, but my mad scientist mind tells me that if Carolina called lil' Danny up in Washington and offered Peppers and Delhomme for Campbell and Washington's first rounder, he'd listen. Would solve the "disrespected" QB issue for the Redskins, as well.

Coachnorm

Hard to figure what Peppers is thinking as we don't really know any facts. Now Peppers did have a bit of an off-year in 2007. I did hear that the Panthers really tried to low ball him on contract extension talks using the bad year to throw low numbers at him.

RLLD

Boldin is indeed in a rather favorable position, staying put might not be his absolute "best" option, but getting a better option right now might be a long shot.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So What Are Boldin and Peppers Thinking Now?

I need a new agent! :nod:

Coachnorm

Dansby said Tuesday that he and the Cardinals are "not even close" to coming to terms on an extension, according to the team's official site. Dansby recently fired his agent. Dansby is the Cardinals Franchise Player, who will make $9.7 million while being tagged this year.