Saints @ Niners Divisional Playoff Round

Coachnorm

Now that we can shed our Fantasy Football robes and just be NFL fans, What do you think??? While I am pulling for the Saints I think the Niners have a great shot at this game. He is a little intel.

San Francisco 49ers WR Ted Ginn Jr. (ankle) said his ankle is feeling 100 percent after sitting out the last two weeks of the regular season to allow the injury to heal. This is good news for the Niners, while Ginn is not the biggest receiving threat around his impact as a KR will greatly improve the Niners in that all important battle for field position.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Ginn adds that stretching the filed juice the niners need to at least try and keep the d honest.
His special teams value is even more important, if just for appearances.

the status of Lance Moore is a much bigger deal, imho.

Coachnorm

Roman Harper sounds like he will play for the Saints this weekend. But with a High ankle sprain will his performance be more heroic or Productive.

I do like your take on Lance Moore, xqj47alpha, as there is a real comfort level between Moore and Drew. This could be more important at key points in the game than most people would think.

xqj47alpha

Banned
I do like your take on Lance Moore, xqj47alpha, as there is a real comfort level between Moore and Drew. This could be more important at key points in the game than most people would think.
You can almost guarantee the Niners will be able to shut down Meachum and Henderson. This leaves Colston, Sproles and Graham for clutch receptions.

Moore increases the Saints ability to play ball control like Wes Welker does.

His status is huge

Coachnorm

Can the Niners put the ball in the end zone more during the Playoffs? IF the Niners have a weakness on the O side of the Ball it's Red Zone production, settling for FGs too much.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It's hard to return kicks that are generally 8+ yards back in the end zone but Ginn could be a problem if the wind is blowing.

Coachnorm

It's hard to return kicks that are generally 8+ yards back in the end zone but Ginn could be a problem if the wind is blowing.

Learned that the hard way when I first started playing in a KR league. I'd play a KR guy and all of a sudden it was what the heck happened to him? Turns out he played a kicker that buried the ball 7 times for Toughbacks!! I leaned quick that I had to actually research Kickers !?!?!?! :)

bobbeaux

this could be closer than many think . . . saints d hasn't been that good outside of the dome . . . pulling for them though . . . ;)

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
I just don't see how the 49ers can give Drew Brees a run for his money here. This is a very powerful offense that can air it out or churn yards on the ground. The Niners have gotten here with a "steady wins the race" sort of methodology but they need to really come out firing for them to have a chance here. Their defense needs to be able to get to Brees or keep the big plays at a minimum oh wait..then that opens up the middle of the field for Graham to catch one for 10 or 15 yards and run it another 40.

I just don't see this game like I do the NYG/GB game. I think NYG really have a shot at beating A-Rod, but in this matchup I think the Saints run away with it.

And this my friends is why I suck at fantasy football LOL

bobbeaux

49ers d and sp teams are no joke . . . playing at home outdoors will also help . . . i still expect the saints to win, just saying it should be a closer game than some expect.

gizzil

sorry mud, i aint gonna lie. im a lil scurd. i wouldnt bet with the 3.5, and even when offered straight win/loss, i was hesitant. unfortunately for nfl fans everywhere, i think we may miss the saints/packers rematch. i aint sayin itll be 9ers, NY could easily spoil it for the packers. neither upset would surprise me. wouldnt surprise me if things actually go according to plan either and saints/pack just roll... it's just... not common for 1 vs 2 actual matchups

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I know that the last time the Saints went into S.F. during the 2010-2011 season they had a helluva time beating the 49ers, 25-22 was the final... and that 49er team wasn't on the same level as this one IMO. Maybe its just wishful thinking but I think this game will be close. Can't wait to see it!

gizzil

1, 2 : Win! For you!
3, 4 : Win! Some more!
5, 6: Win! For kicks!
7, 8 :Win! It's great!
9, 10 : Win! Again! Again! Again! Again!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Saint's head coach Sean Peyton hasn't called the offensive plays for the last 7 weeks though he retains the last word should he disagree strongly with the called play. You might note that in the last 7 weeks the Saints have been hitting on all cylinders. We step on the throttle and don't look back during this time period.

xqj47alpha

Banned
The City being just a little more than 3 hours on I-5 away, folks around these parts can't wait for the 49ers to put the talking heads in their place.

Coachnorm

New Orleans Saints WR Lance Moore has been ruled out for the Divisional Round playoff game. Moore's hamstring injury has limited him over the second half of the season and kept him out of both Saints' playoff games. Devery Henderson and Robert Meachem will see additional looks in Moore's absence.