Saints drop Deuce

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
They're making it official this afternoon. No surprise but newsworthy as he has been a fixture to the organization for years. Deuce was due $5.3m this year and turns 30 this season. He has battled knee injuries for years now and may be looking for another supporting role.

The first place that pops to mind is Houston. They are looking to bolster the backfield with a bigger back to compliment Slaton.

Linkage to the Deuce dumpage

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
They're making it official this afternoon. No surprise but newsworthy as he has been a fixture to the organization for years. Deuce was due $5.3m this year and turns 30 this season. He has battled knee injuries for years now and may be looking for another supporting role.

The first place that pops to mind is Houston. They are looking to bolster the backfield with a bigger back to compliment Slaton.

Linkage to the Deuce dumpage
:hmmm: So does every rb that gets cut fit into Houston's plans? I would have thought that Houston would have learned from the Ahman Green debacle and would stay away from guys with injury issues. Ward I can see...but I think Deuce goes the way of Shaun Alexander. Too many times he has gotten hurt...and is too much a risk.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
:hmmm: So does every rb that gets cut fit into Houston's plans? I would have thought that Houston would have learned from the Ahman Green debacle and would stay away from guys with injury issues. Ward I can see...but I think Deuce goes the way of Shaun Alexander. Too many times he has gotten hurt...and is too much a risk.

Ward wants a starting gig. Deuce relegated himself to the support role long ago. That acceptance of a support role makes me think of Houston. The Texans also already came out and stated they wanted a bigger back to take some of the pounding for Slaton. So no, not every back is a fit for what Houston is looking for in a #2 rb. Sadly almost every #2 rb worth taking (Lamont Jordon, Deuce, etc) have their own injury legacy so there is no "perfect fit" at that position.