Pre-draft moves in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

efactor

Coming at you
The Dolphins have agreed to trade Landry to the Browns in a deal that cannot become official until March 14. The return is a pair a draft picks — one in 2018 and one in 2019 , per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media — and there are multiple reports that the Browns are working on a new deal for Landry.

Not bad for a guy who averaged less than 9 yards a catch last year.....................

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Frankly he is a great receiver and now that he has escaped the Fish I expect you'll be seeing it. Tanneyhills lack of a consistent long ball held him back along with the short passing game. I wish he would have landed in a better spot but the Browns are going to have legitimate receivers next year. Can they please find a QB that can get it to them?

KillerFins

Staff member
Correction, he is a very good receiver. Love his passion, but sometimes that works against him and lets his emotions get the best of him. He is limited in his abilities, he isn't a true #1 and glad they didn't pay him the $14 Million plus like he wanted. But Cleveland has the cap space, so it works for them. And the whole Tannehill can't throw deep has already been debunked

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Having watched him and Beckham at LSU I have a different take on him Killer. His hands are as good as Juniors and he has as good or better moves. Not the speed of ODB I'll grant you that but shifty enough to be a dynamite return man. The dink and dunk passes that came his way for the Fish is what held him back. Once Tanneyhill went down he showed what he could do in the red zone with a QB that looked his way down there. You say very good, I say great. There's really not a big difference between the two descriptions. Either way it was good for Miami that they had his services for the last few years for he was their best producer during his time though never appreciated as he should have been. Good luck to the Dolphins as I've been a fan since Earl Morrall played there..

ExperiencedRookie

Too bad Landry landed in Cleveland. For one, they have no QB, and once they do it will either be a rookie, or some FA that no one else wanted.

For two, there's already a lot of mouths to feed. Gordon and Coleman are still here. There's also a pair of two pretty decent young TEs. Then there's also the chance that they draft Barkley at #1 and feed him the ball.

What's Landry's role? Catch 6 yard slants? I don't like it.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON TODAY???!!!

The Buffalo Bills trade Tyrod Taylor to the Cleveland Browns for their 3rd round pick this year.

And maybe most importantly of all their top 5 draft picks in this year's draft are still theirs.

Everybody laughs at Cleveland but they're making some moves.

Last edited:

KillerFins

Staff member
Sounds like it the Fins got the Brown's 2018 4th round and 2019 7th round for Landry. Not much, but better than nothing.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
And apparently Cleveland is not done quarterback DeSean Kaiser has been traded to the Green Bay Packers for cornerback Demetrius Randall.

hikeNbike

Cleveland has passed on Wentz and Watson. Watson they passed on twice really as they could have taken him #1, they disnt then he fell to them and they traded out of the spot.

Now they are trading picks away right and left when they were 0-16 last year, I dont understand it, and I don't think Landry is going to work well in Cleveland. I dont understand why they dont just draft Darnold at 1, possibly could still get Barkley at 4, but if not then they could always trade down get multiple picks and still get a pretty good rb, as there seem to be several in this draft. I also don't like the dynamic of a Penn State Rb going to the Browns. Call me superstitous but that seems like a double helping of bad luck. Might as well then trade for McCarron so we can test the Alabama qb theory as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ExperiencedRookie

Cleveland has passed on Wentz and Watson. Watson they passed on twice really as they could have taken him #1, they disnt then he fell to them and they traded out of the spot.

Now they are trading picks away right and left when they were 0-16 last year, I dont understand it, and I don't think Landry is going to work well in Cleveland. I dont understand why they dont just draft Darnold at 1, possibly could still get Barkley at 4, but if not then they could always trade down get multiple picks and still get a pretty good rb, as there seem to be several in this draft. I also don't like the dynamic of a Penn State Rb going to the Browns. Call me superstitous but that seems like a double helping of bad luck. Might as well then trade for McCarron so we can test the Alabama qb theory as well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
There's a 0% chance that Barkley is still there at 4.

Walter34

Browns current picks

• 1st Round: No. 1 overall - BARKLEY
  • 1st Round: No. 4 overall - CHUBB (if available)
  • 2nd Round: No. 33 overall (1st in round) - ??? (QB possibly)
  • 2nd Round: No. 35 overall (3rd in round) - ???
  • 2nd Round: No. 64 overall (32nd in round) - ???
  • 3rd Round: No. 65 overall (1st in round) - TRADED for Tyrod
  • 4th Round: No. 101 overall (1st in round) - TRADED for Landry (+2019 7th)
  • 4th Round: No. 123 overall (23rd in round)
  • 5th Round: No. 138 overall (1st in round)
  • 5th Round: No. 159 overall (22nd in round)
  • 6th Round: No. 175 overall (1st in round)
  • 7th Round: No. 219 overall (1st in round)

Above are just guesses, but the Browns still have 5 picks in the first two rounds. Good investments that will get them competitive again.

The Bills now have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and no QB so are now a prime player for free agent QBs or a draft trade up for one of the top rookie QBs.

This is one of the most interesting drafts that I can remember. Because the Bears took Trubisky last year they have no specific must have at #8 so can let the draft come to them (trade down or BPA). Would like to see a trade down with the Bills and get 2 or 3 good picks out of it.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Browns current picks

• 1st Round: No. 1 overall - BARKLEY
  • 1st Round: No. 4 overall - CHUBB (if available)
  • 2nd Round: No. 33 overall (1st in round) - ??? (QB possibly)
  • 2nd Round: No. 35 overall (3rd in round) - ???
  • 2nd Round: No. 64 overall (32nd in round) - ???
  • 3rd Round: No. 65 overall (1st in round) - TRADED for Tyrod
  • 4th Round: No. 101 overall (1st in round) - TRADED for Landry (+2019 7th)
  • 4th Round: No. 123 overall (23rd in round)
  • 5th Round: No. 138 overall (1st in round)
  • 5th Round: No. 159 overall (22nd in round)
  • 6th Round: No. 175 overall (1st in round)
  • 7th Round: No. 219 overall (1st in round)
Above are just guesses, but the Browns still have 5 picks in the first two rounds. Good investments that will get them competitive again.

The Bills now have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and no QB so are now a prime player for free agent QBs or a draft trade up for one of the top rookie QBs.

This is one of the most interesting drafts that I can remember. Because the Bears took Trubisky last year they have no specific must have at #8 so can let the draft come to them (trade down or BPA). Would like to see a trade down with the Bills and get 2 or 3 good picks out of it.
there is no way T.Taylor is Cleveland's franchise Qb. None. I firmly believe one if the two first round picks for Cleveland will be for a Qb.

With the acquisition of Landry, and if Gordon is fully back, add Njoku and then add Barkley at 1 and a young Qb at 4 and the offense is in great shape, IF they get the LT back from injury

ExperiencedRookie

there is no way T.Taylor is Cleveland's franchise Qb. None. I firmly believe one if the two first round picks for Cleveland will be for a Qb.

With the acquisition of Landry, and if Gordon is fully back, add Njoku and then add Barkley at 1 and a young Qb at 4 and the offense is in great shape, IF they get the LT back from injury
Man...Tyrod gets no freaking love. I just don't get it. People treat Cam Newton like he's the QB prodigy to end all prodigies, a franchise player to be salivated over. Then look at Tyrod like he's garbage, multiple tiers below.

Put Tyrod's numbers up against Cam's and you can barely tell them apart. The only reason you could differentiate is because Cam has slightly more yards and TDs, but not by much. He also gets 60-120 more passing attempts per year.

Tyrod has a better QB rating, a vastly superior TD-INT ratio, a better completion percentage, and still gives you all the rushing stats. The only difference is Tyrod doesn't get all showy after every first down or TD.

Somebody give this dude a 4 year contract and put a team around him!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Man...Tyrod gets no freaking love. I just don't get it. People treat Cam Newton like he's the QB prodigy to end all prodigies, a franchise player to be salivated over. Then look at Tyrod like he's garbage, multiple tiers below.

Put Tyrod's numbers up against Cam's and you can barely tell them apart. The only reason you could differentiate is because Cam has slightly more yards and TDs, but not by much. He also gets 60-120 more passing attempts per year.

Tyrod has a better QB rating, a vastly superior TD-INT ratio, a better completion percentage, and still gives you all the rushing stats. The only difference is Tyrod doesn't get all showy after every first down or TD.

Somebody give this dude a 4 year contract and put a team around him!
With due respect he ain't all that. He is too timid, per multiple reports in Buffalo - he won't pull the trigger unless things are totally wide open...too safe and will run first, which is fine...until he gets plowed. Don't get me wrong, he is perfect here...as he will be bridge for drafted Qb and also very mobile to keep things moving if Joe Thomas the OT is not back. Also, this will be his first time with some real tools to work with...with Landry, NJoku and Gordon. And if they draft Barkley also, takes load of pressure off him.

ExperiencedRookie

With due respect he ain't all that. He is too timid, per multiple reports in Buffalo - he won't pull the trigger unless things are totally wide open...too safe and will run first, which is fine...until he gets plowed. Don't get me wrong, he is perfect here...as he will be bridge for drafted Qb and also very mobile to keep things moving if Joe Thomas the OT is not back. Also, this will be his first time with some real tools to work with...with Landry, NJoku and Gordon. And if they draft Barkley also, takes load of pressure off him.
This right here is exactly why this is a good move. There's all these knocks on Tyrod, but when has he ever had the tools around him? Buffalo did nothing concerning adding passing weapons.

What has he had to work with? Shady...and nothing else. Sorry, but McCoy can't go play outside and moves the chains down the field.

You give him some playmakers like Landry and Gordon, with a potentially good run game to compliment, and he'll do work. I'd give him a 4 year deal in a heartbeat with the way the market sits. People trying to blow their brains out for these FA QBs and big extensions for their current QB. Tyrod comes on the cheap because apparently the league hasn't figured out that this kid can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.