Pre-draft moves in NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I would trade for Tyrod instantly! That dude is a baller, and gets no respect.
Depends on the system to me. His metrics have fallen each year for the last three years(some of that is bad receivers in Buffalo...). I could see Arizona maybe making a play.....

hikeNbike

Cowboys would be wise not to resign Dez. Too much money and he is not anywhere near the receiver he used to be, plus you get all the off-field antics. I'd rather they take a chance on Gordon. Its a gamble for sure, but a better receiver at likely a fraction of the price and you could heavily incentivize the contract.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Dez is under contract for next season. Not sure that I agree that Gordon is a better receiver but Dez is a shell of his former self.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Cowboys would be wise not to resign Dez. Too much money and he is not anywhere near the receiver he used to be, plus you get all the off-field antics. I'd rather they take a chance on Gordon. Its a gamble for sure, but a better receiver at likely a fraction of the price and you could heavily incentivize the contract.

As Mud points out Dez is signed but may be a cap casualty. Gordon will get tagged by Cleveland or re-signed straight out, per the HC so won't be an option.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest rumors has Bears working a trade with Miami for Landry - that would be a great help to Trubisky.
KC also thinks FA Albert Wilson also could be a target for Chicago with Nagy as HC.

hikeNbike

As Mud points out Dez is signed but may be a cap casualty. Gordon will get tagged by Cleveland or re-signed straight out, per the HC so won't be an option.
Pretty certain Dez will be a cap casualty. Wasnt aware Gordon was goimg to be tagged. I say receiver then might be good to address in the draft, though they badly need defensive help.

KillerFins

Staff member
The Miami Dolphins are acquiring Pro Bowl defensive end Robert Quinn from the Los Angeles Rams, a league source confirmed.

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the deal is for a mid-round pick. According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Dolphins and Rams will actually swap picks

Wow, didn't see this coming.

Phicinfan

Administrator
So updated at PFT - Rams get 4th round pick from Miami for Quinn, and switch six round picks as well. This covers the 4th round pick they sent to KC for Peters.

ExperiencedRookie

Latest rumors has Bears working a trade with Miami for Landry - that would be a great help to Trubisky.
KC also thinks FA Albert Wilson also could be a target for Chicago with Nagy as HC.
Bringing on Quinn's large yearly contract hit is all the sign I need to know that Landry is on the move.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Landry will sign his Franchise tag - that allows for a trade, but it also locks the team into that salary if he is not traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.