Post draft FA moves and team moves

hikeNbike

Watkins hasn't been a picture of health and I think their #2 is dinged up as well. It makes some sense for the Bills but I doubt fantasy owners will be doing cartwheels if he lands there.
I guess Watkins has been dinged up once or twice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay there has got to be an issue with Maclin. He was an Andy Reid guy, so I don't believe cap issue was the only reason they dropped him. Granted they do have some young Wrs they love in Conley, Hill and such. Still he was a solid vet for the group, so something doesn't mesh.

Now for where he could end up - I have heard Detroit is interested, Buffalo makes sense, they have Watkins, but they lost Woods to FA and Goodwind as well. So they could use some vet help there in possession type work.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
SeaHawks who were once said to be interested in throwing a life preserver to Kaep have signed QB Austin Davis. :)

hikeNbike

I have sorta changes my mind on Kaep. I still disagree with not standing for the National Anthem, however as far as things go I feel that's less of an offense than what other football players have done. How many times have you gone to a game and see fans carrying on and talking or playing on their phone during the anthem? They don't face expulsion from their job or really any consequences.

Then you have football players committing assault and other felonies, but yet it's less toxic to have them on the team than someone who is not standing for the Anthem. To me the punishment is just overinflated compared to his action.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It's not a punishment, it's the consequences of his actions. I'm sick of hearing about him, wish he'd just go away.

Far, far away would be fine by me. Still, facing reality, he will get signed at some point, sad as it is. Some team will get desperate and feel they must have him and will bit the bullet. How I hope I am wrong.

ExperiencedRookie

Far, far away would be fine by me. Still, facing reality, he will get signed at some point, sad as it is. Some team will get desperate and feel they must have him and will bit the bullet. How I hope I am wrong.
Everything was pointing to him signing in Seattle. Liberal stronghold city and a locker room that lets players be themselves.

Then they passed on him after a work out. Gee....I wonder why.

Next, Pete Carroll states that they won't be signing Kaep, but "He's definitely a starter in this league". HUH? Are you serious with this shit Pete? You're claiming that he's one of the 32 best QBs in the world, but you don't want him on your roster? What a bunch of bull.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
New Chargers WR Mike Williams expected to miss the rest of the offseason because of a disk issue in his back.

I still say the Chargers and their training program need to be thrown out the window because people on that team get injured way too often and he JUST got there.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jets are making a big stink, heard on ESPN radio that Jets have basically decided to throw it in this year. Released or will release aging vets, including David Harris Lb and Decker Wr(may be traded?). Basically going to clean the cap and totally rebuild, targeting a Qb in draft next year with a much better talent pool. Issue is players being let go were involved in OTAs and could have been injured.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Baltimore has release Te Pitta after latest injury to hip

Phicinfan

Administrator
Maclin has left Buffalo after 2 day visit with no contract, now headed to Baltimore. Supposedly Detroit and Philly interested as well.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Edelmen Wr N.E. is close to signing and extension. If he does and with the add of Cook, I think the other wrs in N.E. just lost all value.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Free agent RB DeAngelo Williams is expected to join Impact Wrestling.

The 34-year-old has drawn no interest as a free agent and appears to be turning the page to the next chapter in life.

hikeNbike

I'm a little surprised that Pitt didn't try and keep him. He was very productive when Bell didn't play. I know Bell is a beast when playing but hasn't exactly shown he can stay out of trouble. Then he has also missed a lot of games foe health reasons too. Seems like a gamble not to bring DeAngelo back.

Of course it's only June and I'm not really tuned into football yet so maybe they have a good backup rb I'm not aware of.