Possible Major Rules Violations at Michigan

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
DETROIT -- Several Michigan football players claim the program regularly violates NCAA rules limiting how much time they can spend on training and practice sessions, according to a published report.

Players from the 2008 and 2009 teams told the Detroit Free Press for a story published on the newspaper's Web site on Saturday that the amount of time they spend on football activities during the season and in the offseason greatly exceeds the limits. The players spoke to the newspaper on condition of anonymity because they feared repercussions from coaches.

ESPN NCAAF Report: Players allege rules were broken

Well..........

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah, like this is a surprise.......but I will say, if they are practicing that much I sure as hell would have hoped for more than 3 wins.....

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
yeah, like this is a surprise.......but I will say, if they are practicing that much I sure as hell would have hoped for more than 3 wins.....

LOL.......Evidentily Michigan is proof that practice does not make you perfect.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
He might have been better off. He wasn't in trouble there and appears to be now.

maverick824

glad to see RRod keeps the hits coming......I just don't get it, guy comes in with a golden opportunity to coach at a nationally prominent school, opportunities galore, and he keeps making bonehead move after bonehead move......I'm officially to the point where he needs to go, regardless of what he conjures up this season....there was a point when this was a nationally respected program, and in one short year, he's managed to turn UM into college football's version of the Lions......this is just getting ridiculous

:endrant:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
glad to see RRod keeps the hits coming......I just don't get it, guy comes in with a golden opportunity to coach at a nationally prominent school, opportunities galore, and he keeps making bonehead move after bonehead move......I'm officially to the point where he needs to go, regardless of what he conjures up this season....there was a point when this was a nationally respected program, and in one short year, he's managed to turn UM into college football's version of the Lions......this is just getting ridiculous

You can always tell when somebody is mad. They compare the team to the Lions or ND. LOL

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator

Mav sees the light I predicted 18 months ago ;)

alright, I'll stop, my arm is getting sore from patting myself on the back

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
They have too much invested in RRod to get rid of him now. Way too much.

Rich should have stayed at West Virginia. I really believe he was one or two breaks from popping a surprise national champion out of that squad. All it would have taken was a "slightly down" year.

Michigan needed to modernize the offense. If JoePa could do it, Carr could have done it. That said, I think Michigan should have hired the best coach, not tried to make the biggest splash.

Personally Id have gone after the front man at a Utah or a Boise State. Someone who truly does more with less. Someone who really knows how to motivate young men and run a clean standup program. Someone who Jim Tressel cant Jedi mind f**k every November.

maverick824

eh, true to a point, Sarge, if we go all the way back to that hiring saga, I distinctly remember screaming at the top of my lungs for them to pay Brian Kelly, didn't happen.

Sure they needed to modernize the offense, but I think the bigger need was to modernize the strength and conditioning programs. My biggest complaint (see LONG rant after the 1-AA debacle for backup) was the fact that our recruits don't improve a whole lot from freshman to senior years athletically. We can't take a 1 or 2 star recruit and make them into great players, or couldn't at the time, I should say. Michigan upgraded the facilities and program last year, yes, but I don't necessarily believe that was a byproduct of the coach that was hired. In the end, my feeling is they threw the money at the best coach that was left after they(Bill Martin) cluster@@@@ed the first hire they had with Miles. Oofah.....

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
....but I don't necessarily believe that was a byproduct of the coach that was hired. In the end, my feeling is they threw the money at the best coach that was left after they(Bill Martin) cluster@@@@ed the first hire they had with Miles. Oofah.....

The Washington Huskies saga.....in the Midwest...

maverick824

The Washington Huskies saga.....in the Midwest...

LOL, with one big difference.......we knew Ty sucked from his track record at ND before he was hired......RRod at least came in with the illusion that he was capable of being a winning coach(to some, obviously Miller saw through the charade as he love to point out ;))....

at this point though, unless it's actually found that he's breaking all sorts of rules, Michigan's hands are kinda tied for a couple of years, I don't really thing the absolute best thing for the program or the players is to fire him right away.....bringing someone else in basically handicaps the program and sets it back another couple of years......i think the best course for UM is to wait it out and see what this year brings......but I do think that if there's not a complete sign of improvement, they need to look at cutting their losses.......and I can only hope and pray that they send AD Bill Martin packing with him.......