Philly Just HAS To Trade Foles....Right?

cctekguy

Staff member
A super bowl MVP in a QB hungry league that could conceivably not play a down next season.

Why would you wait?

If Wentz's rehab isn't going well or if there is reason to believe that permanent damage has been done to his knee then maybe, but c'mon.

His value will never be higher than it is right now. I say cash in on the perennial back-up NOW.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The team? Sure. If Wentz isn't ready they'll be in heap big pile of poo without Foles. There'll be time to trade his over rated asp once Wentz is ready to go.Super Bowl MVP's? Ask James White about that.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I do get your point however. Too bad there are questions as to whether Wentz will be up to speed because in today's QB needy league it'd make a lot of sense to get what they could for Foles.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If you get some big offer like a first and second or some such, you deal.

If not you keep him, you need protection for Wentz, I am not convinced he starts next year, and even if he does, he plays extremely recklessly...so you need a solid back up ready.

Then after next year, you let Foles go in FA ,as he will expect too much money.

hikeNbike

Honestly think you deal him now, unless they think Wentz won't be ready early next year. Pats waited too long to trade Garrapolo and cost themselves picks. Guessing they could have got a first and a second or maybe multiple firsts instead of the second they got.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Phicinfan

Administrator
Honestly think you deal him now, unless they think Wentz won't be ready early next year. Pats waited too long to trade Garrapolo and cost themselves picks. Guessing they could have got a first and a second or maybe multiple firsts instead of the second they got.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
By all reports, HC did not WANT to trade Garoppolo. And took a bit of a lesser deal to ship him somewhere better. Not sure this is an apples to apples comparison

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Reports this morning say that the Eagles are confident that Wentz will be ready for week 1. I've heard that before from other clubs and other QB's. I'm holding Foles unless offered a killing for him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per reports I have seen, ONE serious offer has been made to Philly for Foles. Now was it serious enough to make a move, no idea.

This to me won't escalate until Cousins has signed. That will start the QB dominos - first Cousins - then Keenum and McCarron and then who is panicked for draft.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Apparently they want a first and fourth round pick at the absolute least
Per PFT - Eagles received a 2nd round pick from one AFC team(team unknown) for Foles and turned it down. per Mort at ESPN - Eagles are looking for equal to or better than they got for Bradford - a 1st and a fourth.

Walter34

I don't think there is a trade market for him and he stays in Philly.

Cousins, Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, Tyrod are all available for no draft picks or minimal in Tyrod's case. Why pay a 1st+ for a 29 yr old who had a mini hot streak at the right time? And really his streak was 2 games long in the championship and SB.

There are also potentially 5 or 6 1st round qbs to be had. So, many "free" options for the needy teams.

From Philly's perspective, they need to know 100% that Wentz is good to go before they let him go. I don't see any trade happening until a serious pre-season injury happens and a team is desperate and has no other options.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I don't think there is a trade market for him and he stays in Philly.

Cousins, Keenum, Bradford, Bridgewater, Tyrod are all available for no draft picks or minimal in Tyrod's case. Why pay a 1st+ for a 29 yr old who had a mini hot streak at the right time? And really his streak was 2 games long in the championship and SB.

There are also potentially 5 or 6 1st round qbs to be had. So, many "free" options for the needy teams.

From Philly's perspective, they need to know 100% that Wentz is good to go before they let him go. I don't see any trade happening until a serious pre-season injury happens and a team is desperate and has no other options.
Don't totally disagree here.......
but, Bradford's knee is degenerative so not sure who will take a chance on him as a starter. Tyrod may not be available, I think Buffalo would love to trade him ,but won't cut him. That leaves Keenum, Bridgewater, Cousins and McCown and also McCarron.

Of those, I would only rate Cousins as better than Foles. Lets face it, Keenum has as much chance as any to be the next one year wonder his history is not great. Bridgewater and McCarron have not really proved them selves either.