Phic's Week 9 Observations

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay I admit it, I was wrong. Not just wrong...but WRONG.

On what you ask....

The power in the NFC.

Carolina just did the unthinkable, they took total control of the NFC over, and did it with style. Did it with Defense, and made Green Bay look very average. I will say this though, this team is totally dependant on Cam. If he goes down, so do the Panthers.

So....what else did we learn....
First Chicago seems ready to be without Forte next year. Langford looked the real deal last night vs. San Diego, both running and receiving. The future looks bright in Chicago as youngsters develop. Now they need the Qb of the future.

So what has changed.....
NFC East - Giants have gone to Giants mode...they seem to win, regardless of how ugly. They got huge help from Philly by having them beat Dallas, basically eliminating Dallas from contention. Giants have a huge game vs. Brady and N.E. this week, while Philly plays Miami, with just a game up on Philly and a loss to them already...not a good situation. Still, Philly isn't all that either and lost a key piece on defense in the loss of Lb Hicks.

NFC North - don't look now, but Minnesota is TIED with Green Bay. Minny looks to have dodged a scare with Bridgewater....that was a bad hit by the by....and Peterson is starting to rev up. Add in rookie Diggs to catch the deep pass and I really like this team. But Green bay won't quit, but if it gets any more beat up it may have to.

NFC West - Arizona starting to run away again. Seattle sniffing but won't catch them.

NFC South - now belongs to Carolina, and Atlanta is working hard to lose the WC chance.

predictions in playoffs:
East - Giants
North - Packers(but watch the Vikings ...)
West - Cardinals
South - Panthers

WC - Vikings and ???? I no longer believe Atlanta will make it, but question is, can Philly or St. Louis or Seattle step up?

AFC
What we know, even with another rb injury, New England is good, very good.

AFC East - Patriots are the cream here, but will Jets be able to survive injury to Fitzgerald?? Buffalo had a must win this week, and need to beat the Jets to keep WC hope alive. Tyrod Taylor and Watkins being back really helps, as does the Rb tandem of McCoy and Williams.

AFC North - all Bengals all the time. Pittsburgh with more Big Ben time missed won't keep playoff hunt alive. So only one franchise from this division makes the playoffs.

AFC West - Denver is in control, But Oakland is fighting to get into the playoff hunt with WC. KC and SD are no real hope IMO. Speaking of SD, just how many games are they going to lose once they get ahead?? Offense is phenomenal, defense is atrocious.

AFC South - Yuck and more yuck. Indy a game up on putrid Houston.....big deal. Indy beats Denver is a big deal, but I am still not a believer.

Playoff expectations:
East - Patriots
North - Bengals
West - Broncos
South - Colts

WC - Jets, and either Raiders or Bills, leaning Raiders