Phicinfan's first Mock draft of 2018

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Its that time, still a bit early as combine is just winding down, but lets take a shot here, and see what flies!(get it, Eagles fan :D )

Mock Draft -
1 Browns 0-16 - Well after the combine, I think the Browns do what they do all so well, take the wrong player. Don't get me wrong, he is the best Rb in this draft, and he killed the combine, but you don't take Rbs this early...but Cleveland will. - Pick is Saquon Barkley Rb Penn State
2 Giants 3-13(draft day trade to Jets) - All that tap dancing you hear...is Gettlemen having a celebration for making this pick way too enjoyable. Giants needs are many, and one of them is Qb. But with 5 viable Qbs that could be drafted and with the vet Manning there already, they can wait it out. And deal. I see this as a trade - trade down to Jets at #6. Jets want to jump ahead of Cleveland to get guy they want and Giants can trade down and still get their new Qb at 6 - Jets select Josh Allen Qb Wyoming
3 Colts 4-12 - Colts need help anywhere, so lets address one of their key needs DL - Bradley Chubb DE NC State
4 Browns (from Texans) 4-12 - Now Cleveland will take a Qb here - I also think they sign A.J. McCarron to be the vet to lead team until this Qb is ready. Browns take Sam Darnold Qb USC
5 Broncos 5-11 - by all reports 4 teams are in the hunt for Cousins. By most reports the Jets will offer the most, but Cousins wants to win, so most feel Minnesota will get him. So Denver needs a Qb. Has to be this pick as well. Broncos take - Josh Rosen Qb UCLA
6 Jets 5-11(draft day trade with Giants) -Okay, Giants now on the clock. They can get Qb of future, Cb, OL, DL all kinds of toys. -But they need to find the heir apparant to Eli - so pick is Baker Mayfield Qb Oklahoma
7 Buccaneers 5-11 - 4 Qbs taken in round one, and we are not even half way through....Whew. Now for some real picking - Bucs need DE and Cb badly - and the pick has to be Minka Fitzpatrick Cb Alabama.
8 Bears 5-11 - Playmakers, Chicago needs playmakers - they need toys for Trubisky. - Calvin Ridley Wr Alabama
9 49ers 6-10 - 9ers desperately need both lines help - pass rusher on DL and OL to protect the new golden boy in Garoppolo. Db is also a key need here, and that is where the value is - Denzel Ward Cb The Ohio State.
10 Raiders 6-10 - Lb Tremain Edmunds OLB/DE Virginia Tech - they need LB help alot and Aldon Smith was a bad boy again.
11 Dolphins 6-10 - time to protect their current Qb - Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame
12 Bengals 7-9 - This could be an interesting pick - they need help on OL, and they need more Lb depth as well , I just don't see Bengals going OT this early in draft....even though they need it. I see a LB play maker sitting here and they LOVE Georgia LBs - pick is Roquan Smith LB Georgia
13 Washington 7-9 - Need more help on DL and more pass rush, and this guy did great at combine - Marcus Davenport DE UTSA
14 Packers 7-9 - they need Cb help but they also need some stability at OL, they have been killed by injuries in OL each year so they need to build up the line and protect Aaron Rodgers, pick is - Connor Williams OT Texas
15 Cardinals 8-8 - No Qb, Need OL and need other help as well say WR - I say OT is the target - Orlando Brown OT Oklahoma - this will mean the Cardinals will have to go hot and heavy on FA for Qb.
16 Ravens 9-7 - Ravens desperately need Wrs. But none are worth this slot. Ravens are great at going best value player when the key need isn't there, and I think they swing a deal to get Landry by trade. So the pick is - Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama
17 Chargers 9-7 - Run stopping DL is needed to continue to rebuild this defense - Vita Vea DT Washington
18 Seahawks 9-7 - Seattle has to finally fix the O-line and give this team a shot at a running game - I see two OTs still on the board that have solid value - going Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
19 Cowboys 9-7 - Is it time to replace Dez? Not sure, but even if it is the Wrs are not all that great this year IMO. I think Dallas needs to fix the defense more and get a solid DT to disrupt the middle and take run away from Eagles and Giants - looking at - Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama
20 Lions 9-7 - Lions need OL help, need LB help, but the value here is Cb - Josh Jackson Cb Iowa is sitting there and would be a great asset for this team.
21 Bills 9-7 - first lets get the defensive need they have in DT - and go Mo Hurst DT Michigan - this is a risk pick as he was found to have some kind of heart condition- but this has happened before and the player gets cleared later and he would be a great fit in Buffalo.
22 Bills (from Chiefs) 9-7 - Here is the first real reach pick of the draft - I think Buffalo sits on Taylor for one more year, and goes with a big solid pocket passer here with Mason Rudolph Qb Oklahoma State
23 Rams 11-5 - Rams got me here, was fully looking to go Cb here but with the trade to get Peters from KC that is not as high a need. I think the need most for LA is to continue to build that OL and protech Goff and help Rb - the pick is C/OG Billy Price The Ohio State
24 Panthers 11-5 - Cam needs a deep threat and best Wr on the board at this point is Christian Kirk Wr Texas A&M
25 Titans 9-7 - need consistent pass rush from the edge best option still on the board is OLB Harold Landry Boston College
26 Falcons 10-6 - May be losing Poe at DL but they need interior help on OL as badly as DL - so lets go Isaiah Wynn OG Georgia
27 Saints 11-5 - Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina - constantly looking for Graham's replacement
28 Steelers 13-3 - top talent on the board - Derwin James S Florida State
29 Jaguars 10-6 - There will be transition at Wr, but they need an outlet for Bortles so TE here is a real help - Dallas Goedert TE South Dakota State - best part is he is solid blocking as well as catching so will help OL with chipping the DEs
30 Vikings 13-3 - okay lets fix some assumptions here - I fully expect to see Cousins here, and also maybe Bridgwater as well. So Qb is not an issue. OL is though. They need real help here. Need at OT is rampant, so pick is - Chukwuma Okorafor OT Western Michigan
31 Patriots 13-3 -Cb is the need here with the expected losses due to FA - so top Cb on the board is Mike Hughes UCF
32 Eagles 13-3 - What do the superbowl champs really need? Well depth at OT may be an issue if they don't get the LOT Peters back - his fill in was solid, but I love depth - going Kolton Miller OT UCLA here.

Obviously this will change quite a bit before the draft. FA will make some of these picks change as well.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
27 Saints 11-5 - Hayden Hurst TE South Carolina - constantly looking for Graham's replacement

You may have nailed the pick for the Saints. Folks are wanting them to sign Graham back though I doubt it happens I would like it. For sure the Saints see a need at improving their TE play and also slot receiver. In my perfect world we'd bring Jimmy back and go defense with this pick since we do not have a second. I also won't be surprised to see us trade back in an attempt to regain that lost pick.

Very nice work there PhiCin.

efactor

Coming at you
SF will sign a big name FA CB so Ward won’t be in play for them. Plus he’s too small for their liking. They will also draft a CB either late 2nd or one of their early 3rds.

If Nelson fell, Niners would be all over him but don’t think he gets past TB or Chicago.

Even if Foster stays put, they need LB help. Edmunds or Smith but leaning towards Edmunds based on pass rush potential.

Walter34

Do not want a WR for the Bears at #8.

2 free agents and a mid round pick for WR. Given where your picks fell above, I would prefer Nelson or Edmunds

Phicinfan

Administrator
Do not want a WR for the Bears at #8.

2 free agents and a mid round pick for WR. Given where your picks fell above, I would prefer Nelson or Edmunds
Don't disagree, I will revisit this once FA has started...as there are some really solid Wrs in FA that Chicago could move on, and OL is a real need for them.

Phicinfan

Administrator
As we talk Qbs, Mason Rudloph is getting NO love. I wonder, just wonder if Giants can take some real talent at #2, and then swing around and grab him at top of 2nd round.

Arctic Dawgs

I see why you would go OLine for Seattle, I have been ranting that they should be going OLine for about 15yrs. However, they are doing/have to do a substantial rebuild/retool this year. They do not have a 2nd or a 3rd round pick. They will be trading back. SOP for them anyways. I do not believe they will be selecting in the 1st rd at all

Phicinfan

Administrator
I see why you would go OLine for Seattle, I have been ranting that they should be going OLine for about 15yrs. However, they are doing/have to do a substantial rebuild/retool this year. They do not have a 2nd or a 3rd round pick. They will be trading back. SOP for them anyways. I do not believe they will be selecting in the 1st rd at all
yeah they are also totally dismantlement the defense, so they will have to retool there as well.

Walter34

Sitton was released and both tackles are below average. Long as well has had a series of injuries \ surgeries. Really, Whitehair at C or Guard is the only sure thing right now. Not glamorous but Oline is the biggest need.

I do hope that they snag one of the top 2 WR on the free agent market though.

They have transition tagged Fuller but still need another CB. Sherman too much to hope for? They will get someone. After this they purged a bunch of LBs so need more pass rush to pair with Floyd.

With so many needs and many Wrs available for $, they need to plug other holes

efactor

Coming at you
Starting to look like SF is liking Landry at #9. They definitely need an edge rusher, so maybe Edmunds if off their board there.