Percy Harvin - Draft Projection - NFL Impact

GRS0002

I take issue in you "facts" in that they are pigeon holed on one particualr year. You can make stats say just about anything, especially is you just focus yourself on one particular year. It's obviously a better generalization to look at a large segment of years, then just 2008.

Over the last 10 years, there have been 39 WR's taken in the first round and only 14 of them became solid WR's, which comes to 36 percent. They are typically over hyped and team need typically raises them some up the board a little. Over 10 years, you best chance and value is between round 2 and round 5. This is a lot better to draw conclusions for your facts. Ironically Murphy is project between the 2nd and 4th.

There are those guys like Fitz, Calvin, and Braylon that look like can't misses coming out of college, but they are not the norm. With Crabtree and Maclin clearly better WR's and going off the board in the first round before Harvin.... the odds are so stacked against him being anything substantial as a WR from his body type, inabillity to stay healthy, and that the successful way he was used in college doesn't transfer to the NFL (the running plays).

If we're talking WR, it's not just Murphy that I'd take before Harvin. In no particular order off the top of my head, I'd rather have Crabtree, Maclin, Nicks, Britt, Robiskie, Heyward-Bey, Barden, and Massaquoi, too.

mills

So, after watching Harvin at his Pro day, any new ideas about his skill set and draft spot on draft day?

Personally, he looked like a solid and definite impact player. His speed is what really impressed me.