Pats Sign WR Joey Galloway

Coachnorm

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the New England Patriots have reached a one-year deal with free-agent WR Joey Galloway.

Could be a nice fill in for Gaffney.

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports the New England Patriots have reached a one-year deal with free-agent WR Joey Galloway.

Could be a nice fill in for Gaffney.
I'm here so i'll give my three pence

That is a ton of speed, quickness, and experience at WR. Three players great at catching the ball, full throttle.

Bad news for anyone not a Pats fan

and fill in for Gaffney? Galloway puts Welker back in the slot.

dannywest

Florida Skunk Apes
Not so sure if this is a good move, and before I get started, let me point out that I love Galloway and I was completely unimpressed to see him leave Tampa. With that said, there are a few things to note about the aging receiver, his numbers have been cooling off for a long time now, '05 83 receptions, '06 62 receptions, '07 57 receptions, and while these numbers certainly aren't bad one must keep in mind that the Bucs had virtually no one else to throw to. Fact is we don't know how much speed he lost last year when he only was able to compete in 5 games, what we do know though, is that the Steelers, who would seem to be in a needier situation for WR help didn't make Galloway an offer after giving him a workout. Honestly, Galloway's retirement is on the horizon and I think that the Patriots will be suprised at how ineffective the 37 year old will be this year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Not a bad move at all. Gives you Moss, Welker, Galloway and Lewis as your Wr depth. Some solid speed, and Welker is killer underneath. Could make the passing game even more potent than before.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Not a bad move at all. Gives you Moss, Welker, Galloway and Lewis as your Wr depth. Some solid speed, and Welker is killer underneath. Could make the passing game even more potent than before.

Don't forget the lil' ball of annual potential, former first rounder Chad Jackson.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not a bad signing. This move was made for depth, not to come in and be a star. Nice final stop for him IMO.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
Not so sure if this is a good move, and before I get started, let me point out that I love Galloway and I was completely unimpressed to see him leave Tampa. With that said, there are a few things to note about the aging receiver, his numbers have been cooling off for a long time now, '05 83 receptions, '06 62 receptions, '07 57 receptions, and while these numbers certainly aren't bad one must keep in mind that the Bucs had virtually no one else to throw to. Fact is we don't know how much speed he lost last year when he only was able to compete in 5 games, what we do know though, is that the Steelers, who would seem to be in a needier situation for WR help didn't make Galloway an offer after giving him a workout. Honestly, Galloway's retirement is on the horizon and I think that the Patriots will be suprised at how ineffective the 37 year old will be this year.
How about ... Galloway didn't look super as of late in TB because there was no one else to pass to. The defense could key on him. And who was throwing the ball there anyway? Jeff Garcia? Please.
In NE he'll have Moss and Welker to collect most of the defensive focus ... and a guy named Brady to get him the ball... in a pass first, pass second offense.
Yes, he'll be the third option so I won't predict a 1,000 yd season... but he'll have his games. Lewis now becomes an afterthought.

Coachnorm

Galloway said he's fully recovered from the foot injury that allowed him to play in just nine games for the Bucs last season, the Boston Globe reports. "Yes, the injury was a bone situation. It happened early in the season," said Galloway Friday. "It was a six-game injury. It's completely done, and yeah, the foot is fine.