Oklahoma TE Gresham OUT vs BYU

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
ESPN reports Oklahoma TE Jermaine Gresham is out for the week 1 game vs BYU with a knee injury. Expect OU to go almost exclusively out of 4 wide against the Cougars, increasing the fantasy value of new #1 WR Ryan Broyles.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Tight end Jermaine Gresham has cartilage damage in his right knee and will miss No. 3 Oklahoma's season opener against BYU on Saturday.

Gresham's injury is continuing to be evaluated, Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said in a statement. Gresham, along with team doctors and athletic training staff, are considering treatment options that could have a bearing on his return.

Trent Ratterree and James Hanna will be listed on the depth chart at tight end. The Sooners play No. 20 BYU in Arlington, Texas (ESPN, 7 p.m. ET).

Gresham tweaked his knee in practice Tuesday, according to reports. After strongly considering entering the NFL draft in April, Gresham -- the 14th-ranked NFL prospect in Scouts Inc.'s top 100 -- returned to school.

The 6-foot-6, 258-pound Gresham had 66 receptions for 950 yards and 14 touchdowns last season. He was a Sporting News First Team All-American last season and an Associated Press and Walter Camp second-team All-American.

This is a serious issue for Oklahoma. You can bet the defensive staff at Texas will be monitoring this closely.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
No word on how serious the cartilage damage is. This could be season ending.

Im not sure yet, but when the ever cocky Bob Stoops is only saying "treatment options" its gotta be bad.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Ouch....I remember now he was your 1st round SOCFFL pick. Better work that free agency magic.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
That sucks for Gresham and the Sooners. You never like to see these guys get hurt from any team. This guy has talent, hope he is okay and its not a season ending injury.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
hell of a TE. I respected him for coming back, I just hope it doesnt cost him his playing future.
Posted via Mobile Device