Nnamdi Asomugha signs monster extension

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
wow....is any DB worth 12% of your salary cap? This is top QB money, he's a great player and a shut down corner, but top QB money?? Really??

This is a ton of money and deals like this seam to be the ones that get teams in salary cap hell.

DearbornDolfan

This deal has to be back-loaded and full of incentives that'll never materialize. I don't know what the hell Scrabble was thinking, not a year ago he swore he'd never extend his contract.

And yes, he's worth the money. Primetime in his prime, were he playing now, would've easily gotten this money. Asomugha is just as good.

efactor

Coming at you
Compared to the Javon Walker contract, a great signing. Raiders are moving in the right direction.............:biglaugh:

Bayton

Personally, 15 mil a year is a bit outlandish. Yes, he is extremely talented if not easily the best cover corner in the league. But when 1 person gets about 12% of your payroll, and you have 52 other players to pay... That means you have alot of crappy players and the back end of your roster. The Patriots, oh how i loath them, don't over pay for a few people but pay for better players up and down the roster to the last man. He's worth the highest value contract for any corner right now, but these numbers need to readjust themselves. J. Peppers i believe is to make 19+ mill on a Franchise Tag.... and Sproles is to make just 6+ mill. That just goes to show you how gm's view the value of certian positions. Something is alittle out of whack. Great player, Bad team, waste of money for the franchise because he can't win them games.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Yes Miller he is that damn good. That said, $45 million bucks would have purchased some nice lineman for that McFadden in the garage.

Methinks this is Al thinking the uncapped year will save his ass. 10-1 the cash is loaded in the 2010 year.

Coachnorm

Just a reminder as we start Phicinfans Mock that the Raiders backed up the truck and kept Asomugha right there in Raiderland. His absence from the free agency market makes every CB in the draft a little more valuable.