Nicks or Cruz

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
You're in a 10 team dynasty league, you own both of these guys. Standard scoring, non-ppr. Who do you hang onto? Both have value now and it's hard to pick between them each week.

I'm a little higher on Cruz because I think he is more durable and doesn't normally get thrown on "Revis Island" in games. But Nicks is a stud too. Who has the best chance at long term fantasy value?

JScott

Administrator
I'd lean Nicks. When Manningham is healthy again I think it's Cruz's touches he'll eat into next season not Nicks'.

gruntbusters

The problem with keeping both is that they are both better than my next best WR so I'm always tempted to play them both each week. I have Marshall, Holmes, and A. Brown in addition to both Nicks and Cruz. I play 2 WR's with two flex spots. Blount and Hillis have not stepped up, so I usually am forced to play at least one more WR. It's normally Nicks and Marshall as my 2 starting WR's. But NIcks has been hurt quite a bit, and usually draws the coverage leaving Cruz open for huge games. It is a quandary for certain.

I'd like to turn one of them into Marshawn Lynch.

2minutedrill

Forget Holmes as long as Sanchez is there. Too bad its not ppr. Lynch looked good this yr and should continue to roll. If i had to pick one in non ppr, i guess its Cruz right now because of yds after catch. He's fast!

gizzil

if just between cruz and nicks... i think i might go with cruz. nicks can't put together a complete season, he draws the most attention, and if im not mistaken cruz outperformed him anyway. i kept thinkin all year teams would start to gameplan more to prevent cruz from beating them but (this year at least) nobody took that approach apparently. i dunno when you need to decide by or anything but if it was today and just those two, i think i would go cruz

gruntbusters

Just have a coach interested in one of them...he has offered his 1st rounder for him which would be pick 5 in a 10 team draft. Need to look at the talent for next year to see who might be there...but hard to give up known talent for an unknown pick.

That is my whole reason for choosing to move Nicks vs Cruz, his health. The guy could end up being like A Johnson, ranked a top 5 WR each week but plays half the season due to injuries. I traded AJ away 3 years ago, which was a good move...problem is I traded for Ronnie Brown :( that sucked. Don't want to make that mistake again.

Interesting dilemma though eh?

xqj47alpha

Banned
Nicks or Cruz is a great question.
tough to not go with the guy in his third year who torched the boys for 160 a couple of weeks ago for a rookie in a critical game.

gruntbusters

Think he moves to WR1 on that team? What a duo they have really. Especially if Nicks can stay healthy. Unreal. Really boosts Eli's value too. Ballard showed some promise as well this year. I'm seriously considering keeping them both.