NFL News, Rumors, In/Out - NFL Draft week

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
DET - reports out now that any extension between Lions and Goff is far apart, so not happening any time soon
NO - OG James Hurst is retiring
DET - Lions saying if their player not there in round 1 they will try to trade back

efactor

Coming at you
Stupid rumors I have been hearing for draft...
LAC - trade Justin Herbert to Minnesota for a boatload of picks - and then draft JJ McCarthy at #5 - except everyone forgets the $100+ million cap hit Chargers take for that move....
That would be awesome though. Herbert throwing to Jefferson? Yes please.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The man who fatally shot retired NFL star Will Smith during a confrontation following a car crash in 2016 was sentenced to 25 years, again, in prison.

It’s the second time Cardell Hayes, 36, has faced sentencing in Smith’s death. He was convicted of manslaughter in December 2016 and later sentenced to 25 years. But the jury vote had been 10-2 and the conviction was later tossed after the U.S. Supreme Court outlawed such non-unanimous verdicts.
On Thursday, Hayes was again sentenced to 25 years in prison, with credit for time served, and potentially for time spent under house arrest.

Remote Controller

I don't buy it but copied and pasted it.

49ers | Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel available? Thu Apr 25, 05:07 PM

San Francisco 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk and WR Deebo Samuel have been mentioned as possible trade options as the team looks to move up in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, according to sources.

efactor

Coming at you
I don't buy it but copied and pasted it.

49ers | Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel available? Thu Apr 25, 05:07 PM

San Francisco 49ers WR Brandon Aiyuk and WR Deebo Samuel have been mentioned as possible trade options as the team looks to move up in the first round of the 2024 NFL Draft, according to sources.
Deebo would be my choice, but there was an article on Niners Nation a few days ago where Lynch and gang supposedly told Deebo he wouldn't be traded on draft night. Would be kind of a bad look to say that if they actually were intending to move him.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Former Giants and Patriots OL Korey Cunningham appears to have committed suicide, law enforcement suspects, per the NY Post.

Korey was only 28 years-old

MongerKhan

Staff member
Texans WR Tank Dell was shot Saturday night and sustained minor wounds in Florida as an innocent victim and bystander in a mass shooting at a nightclub. He has already been released from hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Former Jets first-round draft choice Mekhi Becton plans to sign a one-year deal worth up to $5.5 million with the Eagles, pending a physical Monday