NFL 2017, Week 11 In or Out and other injury notes

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Mike Zimmer confirmed Case Keenum will start Week 11. Duh! Dude just exploded last week and they feel the need to confirm. :rolleyes:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Vikings were "very tempted" to start Teddy Bridgewater this week against the Rams.

Case Keenum got the nod following his big Week 10 performance where he threw for 304 yards and four scores, so coach Mike Zimmer really couldn't go away from him for Week 11. However, it appears the leash is very short for Keenum, and he could be pulled at the first inkling of trouble. Per Glazer, the Vikings view Bridgewater "as their franchise," so they want to get him reps now that he's healthy. Keenum could easily get yanked versus the Rams' top-end defense.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Not this week but coming soon...

by RotoWire Staff
(34 mins ago) Lynch will get the second-string reps at Wednesday's practice as the Broncos evaluate his progress recovering from a right shoulder injury, Mike Klis of 9 News Denver reports.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
You may want to "note" this....or not.

Coach Bill O'Brien said Wednesday that Bruce Ellington "needs to get the ball more."

Ellington has seen eight targets each of the past two games and 20 total since the Week 7 bye. With Will Fuller (ribs) to miss Week 11 against Arizona and DeAndre Hopkins doing battle with Patrick Peterson, Ellington could be in line for a big day. He's worth adding and starting as a WR3/FLEX this week.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
This is not a recording...

Jordan Reed is not practicing today. Keep Davis on the trickle charger folks for the game in the Big Easy.

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
There seems there may be be a story building here.???

Coach Vance Joseph said Paxton Lynch is healthy enough to play.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Mike McCarthy said Ty Montgomery is unlikely to play Week 11.

Leonard Fournette admitted he's not looking forward to playing in cold weather Week 11 against the Browns.

"I hate the cold, period," Fournette said. "I sleep in the heat. That’s just how I grew up. Mentally I’m just trying to get my mind ready – that’s all. It's the little things, you take a little hit (in the cold) and it hurts. I wouldn’t mind if it wasn’t cold." Fournette is fighting through an ankle issue but should be ready to roll in the feels-like temperatures in the 20s on Sunday. Fournette grew up in Louisiana and played his college ball at LSU where he rarely (if ever) play in cold weather.

Source: Florida Times Union

Fitz signed a new one year deal for next season.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld.com

Leonard Fournette (ankle) is not practicing Friday.

Fournette was limited on Wednesday and Thursday, so this is a downgrade for him. It's possible the team is just being easy on their offensive centerpiece, but this is now something to watch this weekend.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
According to Florida Football Insiders, Leonard Fournette's ankle is "still not right," and he could be limited if he plays this week against the Browns.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
John Harbaugh said the Ravens will make a decision on Danny Woodhead's Week 11 status this weekend.

The NFL is investigating Jameis Winston for allegedly groping the crotch of a female Uber driver in March 2016 at 2AM while at a McDonalds drive through.