News - Post start of camps

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
time for later news....
- Earl Thomas has stated he won't give, and Seattle has history of not giving..can you say long hold out?
- colts activate two safeties the key one is Malik Hooker
- Cb Trevor Williams got away with little injury and could be ready by first pre-season game
- so there seems to be some confusion on Jordan Matthews - I see two stories he was cut, but also see by PFT he was put on IR. Still N.E. has cut one player and has signed Eric Decker Wr formerly of Denver and Tennesee.
- Titans are looking to reach out to Eric Reid S formerly of SF
- S Kenny Vaccaro formerly of Saints is also going to visit the Titans as well
- Norv Turner OC Carolina sees 25 - 35 touches per game for McCaffrey at Rb - Wowza!
- AH..now I know why Tenn. is looking at Safeties - Jonathan Cyprian is now out for the season due to torn ACL
- LA Chargers activate rookie S Derwin James of NFI list
- Buffalo seems to be leaning A.J. McCarron - he has been with the 1's for the last two days.
- Washington also dodges a bullet, as Wr Josh Doctson's shoulder is not that serious, he should only miss a few days....
- Colts plan to play Luck more in pre-season than in past to get him extra reps - that really sounds positive....
- HoF game is tonight - woohoo
- Bengals have cut Brandon LaFell Wr
- in a sad note - Hue Jackson HC of Cleveland has lost both his mother and Brother over the last two weeks - Prayers are with you sir
- Bears have given some on the language on contract but not enough to sign Roquan Smith yet...but progress is being made
- A. Rodgers and the Packers have made some move forward in his new contract talks but still have a way to go yet
- Ah...clarity - N.E. DID cut Jordan Matthews and signed Poggi FB instead....

thats it for now

Phicinfan

Administrator
Josh Doctson having his Heal drained....I thought it was his elbow that was the issue??

efactor

Coming at you
Word at Niner camp is That Goodwin is the #1 receiver, not Garçon.

He looked great at the end of last year. Shanahan hand picked him in free agency and we saw why in the 2nd half of the season. People are worried about a drop in targets but they are using him all over the field so I don’t see that happening. Also, he has really been embraced as a leader (by example) on the team.

cctekguy

Staff member
Thanks for that depressing news, E.

Goodwin and D. Parker were competing for my last keeper spot. I chose Parker based on an early ADP ranking and his 1st round pedigree.

Now Parker is flailing and Goodwin is gold.

I want to take a Mulligan :oops:

hikeNbike

What's wrong with Parker? No Landry I'm expecting a breakout season. Something like 85 catches for 1100 TDs and 8 -10 tds wouldn't be too shabby. Hoping so at least.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KillerFins

Staff member
Word at Niner camp is That Goodwin is the #1 receiver, not Garçon.

He looked great at the end of last year. Shanahan hand picked him in free agency and we saw why in the 2nd half of the season. People are worried about a drop in targets but they are using him all over the field so I don’t see that happening. Also, he has really been embraced as a leader (by example) on the team.
He's being covered by Xavien Howard throughout camp, who is really coming into his own, so that should play a part.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Browns traded WR Corey Coleman to the Bills for an undisclosed pick in the 2019 NFL draft.
Undisclosed pick is rumored to be a 7th round pick - Cleveland is cutting bait, and getting what value they can get. Great deal of Buffalo that is Wr hurting and taking little risk with a 7th round pick.

Phicinfan

Administrator
He's being covered by Xavien Howard throughout camp, who is really coming into his own, so that should play a part.
Yes and no. He is a multi-year vet. Yes a great Cb will affect you, but you at some point should be good enough to get loose. Also I am hearing glowing stuff on Wilson and Stills and how they are doing.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Bills gave up a seventh-round pick in 2020 for Corey Coleman. As PhiCin said the Browns just plain out dumped the guy. He must really suck.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Okay update time, sorry folks was in St. Louis late last week and lost track of things...
- Sam Darnold even missing 3 days of camp is impressing enough he could very well start week 1 per Scheffty and his inside sources
- Buffalo as expected stated they are always looking for speed at Wr, and the 2020 7th round pick was little risk - no risk, high reward potential here...
- Eagles still enjoying their superbowl win last year have extended HC Pederson and GM Roseman til 2022 - LOVE stability!
- To show how sad its been in Cleveland in the past - With the trade of Coleman a 2016 first round pick - that makes 9 straight first round picks that have been busts for Cleveland and are off the team either by trade or release - that is just sad....
- T.O. has worked out for the CFL team that has his rights......
- Don't look now, but yes Case Keenum is the starter in Denver - but do you know who his back up could be? - Chad Kelly Mr. irrelevent in his draft class is looking very solid in Denver while former first round pick Paxton Lynch has not.
- Saints have released Wr Brandon Coleman - due to failed physical designation
- Bills have activated Zay Jones off the NFI list - that is progress
- Richard Sherman cb S.F. - is out for this week due to Hamstring issues - hard enough coming back from achillies tear
- Miami has both Gore and Kenyan Drake listed as co-starters for Rb position
- Martavius Bryant seems to be in Jon Gruden's dog house in Oakland - that isn't good
- in the feel good news of the day - Ryan Shazier was able to walk across the practice field last weekend with no aid- no crutches or cane! Great news!
- N.E. running back and first round draft pick Sony Michel is out at least 10 days due to knee procedure - he also had to have fluid removed from his knee - have done this, it is NOT fun.
- Josh Doctson evidently isn't as bad as thought?? Per HC Jay Gruden he is rehabbing a shoulder injury, but his heel injury does not require any draining.....but...... :rolleyes:
- in this weeks no sh!t moment - Indy owner Irsay has stated he wouldn't trade back up Qb J. Brissett even for a 1st round pick - not when your "stud" Qb is coming off a bad shoulder issue you don't.....
- thats all folks

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
With the trade of Coleman a 2016 first round pick - that makes 9 straight first round picks that have been busts for Cleveland and are off the team either by trade or release - that is just sad....

That is unbelievably sad, bad, pathetic.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Reports are out, that NYG have started talking deal with OBJ, and the first offer may be a show stopper, per PFT, the first offer was for $16 million a year, that puts him below the top 5 at Wr. I don't think that will stimulate deal talks.....

Phicinfan

Administrator
Other news:
Austin Hooper has spent alot of time off season with Matty Ice to get more familiar with the Qb
Rivers Qb LAChargers has no date in mind or years left before he retires.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ian reports that the Browns will move Josh Gordon from the did not report list to the active/NFI list on Tuesday.
It will keep Gordon from losing an accrued season toward free agency. Once he reports, the Browns will activate him off the NFI.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Ian reports that the Browns will move Josh Gordon from the did not report list to the active/NFI list on Tuesday.
It will keep Gordon from losing an accrued season toward free agency. Once he reports, the Browns will activate him off the NFI.
Okay, I have to ask why?

Don't get me wrong here, I fully applaud how this team is bending over backwards to help Gordon, and more kudos for them to do it.

but you could have kept him as an ERFA and have no one else touch him, had you not made this move. I begin to wonder if they really, really want to keep him or not. Now I understand that if he is ONLY RFA he usually won't get much notice or offers, but it still drives up the price.