• 40 Time - 4.81
2008 Stats:
  • 3,459 passing yards
  • 25 Passing TD's
  • 10 INT's
  • 61.4% completion
Draft Projection - Top 5

NFL Impact
Matthew Stafford is considered by most as the most NFL ready QB in this year's class. A natural leader with great arm strength. Stafford has the tools to make all the throws necessary to excel at the next level. Stafford is athletic enough to make plays with his feet, but is not considered a great scrambler. He throws well on the run as well. Stafford has proven to be very durable as he did not miss a game in college. His ability to read coverage is a big plus coming out of a pro style system. Stafford does trust his own arm too much at times taking unnecessary gambles. Still needs to work on some of the little things. Stafford has the look of a top tier QB coming into the league. Carries that gunslinger mentality that he will need to learn to harness and use to for a positive and not a negative.

So where do you think Stafford will land? How successful will he be in the NFL?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_K23nR5Rsk"]YouTube - 2008 Matthew Stafford Highlights (Watch in high quality)[/ame]

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Stafford scored a 38 on the wonderlic test. Looks like he has the brains for the position, now we'll find out if he has the skills. I like his long term prospects and feel he is a great face of the franchise for the Lions.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Georgia QB Matthew Stafford came away miffed after a recent meeting with the 49ers.

The Niners' psychologist opined that Stafford had "unfinished business" with his parents divorce, which left Stafford wondering how much he was being charged by the hour for the psychoanalysis. Responded coach Mike Singletary: "Maybe he doesn't belong here."

I'd be miffed too if some egg head's opinion after ONE BLOODY SESSION might cost me $$$. I get teams doing do dillegence with high draft picks but come....the eff....on. Kicking puppies? Issue. Pulling the wings off a fly? Issue. Parent's divorce? Meh.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
WOW, now that is kinda messed up.....you want to have that belief, fine, but keep that shit in house, to bring it out in the public is bs, and I also don't think MS's comment was proper either......anyways, they are kidding themselves if they thought they had a shot at him anyways.

Arctic Dawgs

Smoke Screen or Real Deal :headscratch:

email from Fanball
Mar 31, 2009 02:28 PM CDT

Stafford impresses Lions

The News

The Lions were impressed with Matthew Stafford's private workout at the University of Georgia, according to Sports Illustrated. His audition was reportedly flawless, and he fared better than he did during his March 19 Pro Day workout.

Our View

The Lions praised the way he threw the ball, and left the impression that they will make him the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming draft.