Larry Fitzgerald: Are you just not feeling it?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I wouldnt complain about the stats so far:

Week 1: 6 rec, 71 yds, 1 TD - 19 points
Week 2: 4 rec, 34 yds, 1 TD - 13 points

Week 3 so far is 3 rec, 36 yds.

The points are there but appear to be trending downward. Many of you dropped a top 5 pick in this years draft. Are you still satisfied with your high investment?

Anyone think the emergence of Tim Hightower in the passing game is hurting Fitzgerald?

Thoughs?

Catch Freaks

I wouldnt complain about the stats so far:

Week 1: 6 rec, 71 yds, 1 TD - 19 points
Week 2: 4 rec, 34 yds, 1 TD - 13 points

Week 3 so far is 3 rec, 36 yds.

The points are there but appear to be trending downward. Many of you dropped a top 5 pick in this years draft. Are you still satisfied with your high investment?

Anyone think the emergence of Tim Hightower in the passing game is hurting Fitzgerald?

Thoughs?

I am a fellow Fitzgerald owner taking him at #3 in my PPR league this year. He did have some opportunities tonight but Warner screwed him out of a lot of points.

8 rec 76 yards isn't bad, but should have been like 10 rec 130 yards 2 tds.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Not too bad, but its the price people paid I guess.

If anyone is foolish enough to trade him Ill pay :)

cctekguy

Staff member
It's easy to get down on your "Solid Gold" guys because your expectations are so high.

In Fitzy's case, he has a QB that is happy to take what the defense gives him and not many defenses will give him Fitz, yet he still gets a reasonable number of targets. I don't see a cause for concern but I understand your point.

How many weeks do you let your bench out score him before you decide to sit him?

The good news is, he hasn't pulled a T.O. or Jennings yet and just not shown up. I can be patient with a guy posting 12-15 pts a game while I'm waiting for him to BLOW UP.

Those Goose Eggs are BALL BUSTERS.

Hightower, I think, is just getting longer hand-offs than usual and it's really not affecting Fitz. Warner passed over 50 times tonight. That's 40 passes and 10 long hand-offs. 40 passes is about right compared to last year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
No, I think you are seeing the losing superbowl funk most teams have. Most teams are awful the year after losing the superbowl. Arizona just doesn't look that good this year.

Remote Controller

I am a fellow Fitzgerald owner taking him at #3 in my PPR league this year. He did have some opportunities tonight but Warner screwed him out of a lot of points.

8 rec 76 yards isn't bad, but should have been like 10 rec 130 yards 2 tds.
Warner was getting killed. If anyone hurt Fitz it was Gandy. The comments from Brother marcus did not help anyone. Warner held the ball some to try to let the hookup with Fitz develope, and that was caused by those eroneous tweets. Warner missed the one deep pass and was just trying to stay alive.