• 40 Time - 4.97
2008 Stats:
  • 2,945 passing yards
  • 20 Passing TD's
  • 8 INT's
  • 58.6% completion
Draft Projection - First Round

NFL Impact
Josh Freeman has excellent size and a big arm. He does not have great timed speed, but is a load to bring down and is athlethic to buy extra time in the pocket. He ran a pro style offense in college which is a plus as well. However, Freeman is no where near a finished product. He struggles to read defenses and displays questionable decision making skills at times. His completion percentage is a concern for me as well. His struggles against the top competition is another red flag. Freeman does have a lot of potential and has the ability to improve under the right coaching.

So where do you think Freeman will land? How successful will he be in the NFL?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoDjfUS7YH0"]YouTube - QB Josh Freeman Highlights KSU vs Texas Tech 2008[/ame]

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Man this kid scares the hell out of me. He just seems very raw and his weaknesses are some of the weaknesses that scare me the most in a QB. However, the potential is there, but I can't help but think this kid is going to struggle majorly with NFL defensive schemes.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I just really hope the Lions are smart and take Aaron Curry with their top overall pick. That will slide Stafford and Sanchez farther back inthe first round and slide Freeman to where he belongs, the mid to late 2nd round.
I just get a bad feeling about this guy and can't help but think "Akili Smith", and Miller knows firsthand how that scenario played out.
If he's drafted in the right spot to the right team that can afford to let him sit for 2-3 years and learn, he could develop into a league average guy that could make a pro bowl or 2 over his career.
Is that really what you want in the middle of the first round though?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Not sure I see Akili in this kid, but I agree I don't like what I see. I see a Daunte Culpepper type in that he is hard to bring down, huge arm, but poor accuracy, and can't read a defense to save his life. His completion percentage in college is scary for a top prospect......not a good mix.

I think this guy struggles, and struggles big time.

However, just heard on ESPN that his stock buzz may be increasing and a team like the Jets could be looking at him.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Yeah I was watching that as well, but those talking heads have had him slotted to either the Jets or Bucs for 2 months now.
I would never wish failure on anyone, but I just don't see anything good for anyone who takes him in the 1st.