Jon Kitna a Cowboy

I think Dallas gave up too much.

Sure the Cowboys will have a QB like Kitna at the helm if Romo goes down. But so what? Kitna is going to win an SB?

Having Henry is much better than having a backup plan for losing in the playoffs, if that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Stanton is a bust :shake: Never got a chance to do anything, but a bust nonetheless.
I hadn't heard that news.

All I see is the next Mel Kiper Junior pick for how long will these fools keep believing I know a damn thing about QB's out of college?

Alex Smith? Who? Rember when ALL of us said, "WHO?".

We couldn't believe it. But then it took. And it stuck. And an EX-coach took him with the first pick. EX-coach, mind you.

Mel is ready to Caveat the future ex-Coach's Emptor (Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware. ref: The Brady Bunch)

Junior is on the take. shhhh. I heard it from a friend who...

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Jon Kitna the only thing i have to say is WHY :headscratch: Kitna might make a good 1 or 2 down backup at best. But to hang a season on him is suicide. :thud:

Last edited by a moderator:

RLLD

The Lions?

Is Drew Stanton officially a bust?
I don't think so.

I think you take a guy like Stafford at #1 though, particularly if you are trading away your veteran QB. Now you get another top QB talent in and let Stanton go as the starter, but also have a top notch QB talent on the roster.

In this way if Stanton is destined to be nothing more than a good backup, you have that, and if Stafford emerges as "the guy" you can pull a "Cassell" and trade Stanton elsewhere for more than it took to acquire him.

JMHO

I think the Lions need to go with Stafford.

Stanton was a very high 2nd rd. pick. I doubt that if Cassel went for a 2nd, the Lions would be able to get more then they paid for him.

RLLD

Stanton was a very high 2nd rd. pick. I doubt that if Cassel went for a 2nd, the Lions would be able to get more then they paid for him.

Perhaps not, unless Stanton pulls a "cassell".

Certainly there was a time when the Pat's could have gotten little more than a pack of licorice for Brady since he was only a 7th rounder, but with solid play he is worth much more now.

Should Stanton show the capability to play well enough, he could certainly emerge above his drafted value in a league still starving for solid QB play.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
:headscratch:
Now, I am not a Kitna lover.

But who was this:

2007 - started 16games(behind a horrendous line), 63.3% completion rate, 4068 yards passing, 18Tds, 20 Ints
2006 - 16 games played and started(same line...), 62.4% completion rate, 4208 yards passing, 21 tds, 22 ints

Now, granted he is not Warner..but as a back up Qb??? You do realize had they had Kitna last year Dallas not only makes the playoffs..but possibly goes very far?

Plus folks, he cut salary and added years to his contract FOR Dallas to ease hit.

This was a great move by Dallas............................................................................Damnit!:xpissed: