Jeremy Hill/Joe Mixon

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I have some thoughts on Hill and the shiny new toy Mixon that the Bengals have brought in. Mind you there's no doubt that Mixon is talented, very in fact. But his adp is too high. He has been taken as high as the 14th player. Folks seem to think that Hill is done. I have news for you guys, Jeremy Hill has scored 29 TD's over the last 3 years. He is not "going away." At the very least you can expect to see him when the team gets into the goal line area. 10 TD's per year is a stat that coaches and owners don't quickly forget. Mixon is the superior talent, I understand but in re-draft leagues you had better temper your "great expectations" for this season.

efactor

Coming at you
Agree. See Mixon going in the 3rd consistently in redraft. So much more value available elsewhere. I just don't see the huge upside in his rookie season that would make me grab him this early.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Big "O" just posted this on another thread and I'm bringing it here. Thanks ")."

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Jim Owczarski believes Jeremy Hill will "start all season" unless he "is injured or is absolutely terrible."

ESPN's Katherine Terrell also expects Hill to open the season as the starter, and the fourth-year player was listed as the lead back on the first depth chart. As Owczarski's writes, it does not particularly matter who starts, but Hill is not going to get the opening snap and then disappear, limiting the available touches for second-rounder Joe Mixon. We should get a clearer picture of the situation during the preseason, but as of now, Mixon needs to be bumped down draft boards a few spots.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Hill is at the end of his rookie deal, so yeah they will play him a ton, and maybe look to trade him if Mixon works out. Gio just got his deal redone, but coming off a major knee issue, not even sure he is practicing yet. May be a PUP target if not.

I agree Mixon is going way too high, but Hill has had issues with fumbles and losing steam during middle of season, so I would not be shocked to see Mixon slowly take over past mid-season

efactor

Coming at you
Plus, their OL is horrible after losing Zietler and Wentworth (spelling). Hard to lose your left side and not be appreciatively worse............

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Hill started and dominated touches with the first team in preseason game one though Mixon did get a couple of touches with the ones. Hill's first carry (1 yd) looked like a lot of his carries the last 2 years where he kept bouncing it outside instead of setting his foot and turning it upfield for whatever he could get. I rolled my eyes for real. After that Hill played a lot more like his rookie year where he squared his shoulders and ran north and south. Mixon has quick feet folks. You can see special wrote all over the kid. It remains my opinion that this job is still locked down for Hill but Mixon is going to get enough touches that Hill will continue to need to score in the red zone where he will absolutely get the chance...This just in...AJ Green is good!:)

efactor

Coming at you
John Ross still banged up. Kind of reminds me of 2014 with OBJ and his hammy. Went late and sometimes undrafted that year.

Not saying Ross is OBJ of course, but he was the 9th overall pick and he is going in the 16th round of redrafts. I read that he is not a one trick pony and runs routes well. Just saying to keep an eye open.