Jags release Matt Jones

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
He will catch on with another team at some point. He knew last season he needed to put on an audition to show he was still a relevant player, and he did so.

8 games in, after his suspension, someone will need a WR.

Remote Controller

Fantasy wise, how does this impact the Jags.
The first half of the game, not at all, for he never caught a pass in the first half. They always seemed to finally try to get him involved in the 2nd half, where he would get his 7 catches, and lion share of his yardage. Seriously though, it won't be a major effect, for it was such a small part of the gameplan. Reggie Williams got his charges dropped. :grin: (this is a joke what has happened to this team)

Jones has another good shot, possibly two, due.

Major league skills that are above average under the influence.

Clean he's going to be a machine.

He's going to have to go to rehab...and it seems like maybe his answer is going to be [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD5sahXoj0U"]YouTube - Amy Winehouse - Rehab[/nomedia]

Fantasy wise, how does this impact the Jags.

The first half of the game, not at all, for he never caught a pass in the first half. They always seemed to finally try to get him involved in the 2nd half, where he would get his 7 catches, and lion share of his yardage. Seriously though, it won't be a major effect, for it was such a small part of the gameplan. Reggie Williams got his charges dropped. :grin: (this is a joke what has happened to this team)
Seems like maybe Jones was the best WR on that team. Impact is limited because you don't want Jag WR's to begin with, except maybe Jones as a late flyer.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
How a guy with his size and speed didn't make a name for himself I'll never understand.

Wasted talent / ability is tragic. But as Rick James would say in response to most questions:
"Cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Big Poppa Razorback (Jerry Jones) will give him the benefit of the doubt once his Goodell punishment gets handed down.
Totally tragic that a talent like this blew his big chance. I lived in Little Rock all through his heyday and he was as beloved a player as I've ever seen by the fan base, on any level of pro sports.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree that this was a good move and I also agree that someone will give him a shot at some point if, and only if, he can stay out of handcuffs long enough to finish a suspension and convince a team to give him a shot.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
In the grand scheme of things his violation was minor. He didnt shoot up a strip club, run a woman over, or assault his old lady. He snorted some nose candy. I think he gets a chance before some others in this league.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
He didn't get slapped because of the cocaine incident, by the team, the law, or the league. He violated the terms of his freedom by chugging a few beers when he was told he'd be jailed if he did so.