Its official, Cards re-sign Warner

efactor

Coming at you
Good for him. As much as I would have liked to see him in SF, taking a little less money to play with your desired team was the right thing to do. Glad both sides came to their senses........

Mike

Administrator
If the Cardinals cut or dealt Leinart, I don't know what they could use as a backup plan to Warner. Last year was a great year for Warner, but you simply can't risk him being there for 16 games.

Probably best for the Cards to hang on to Leinart and keep developing him as much as possible, while hoping he matures at some point this year. He has the talent to be the franchise QB in Arizona for a long time.

efactor

Coming at you
If the Cardinals cut or dealt Leinart, I don't know what they could use as a backup plan to Warner. Last year was a great year for Warner, but you simply can't risk him being there for 16 games.

Probably best for the Cards to hang on to Leinart and keep developing him as much as possible, while hoping he matures at some point this year. He has the talent to be the franchise QB in Arizona for a long time.

That's pretty much my opinion. Sitting another year or two won't be the worst thing for Leinart long term. He'll still be young when Warner is through and won't be beat up. Steve Young sat behind Montana for four full years and things worked out pretty well for him. Aaron Rogers sat for three years and it worked out pretty well for him too.........

Patience Matt..........

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I am sure Mike and efactor are probably right.

I guess thinking it over, with so many contracts to work or rework, that is a whole lot of money at the Qb position. You have servicable back ups out there you can get, alot cheaper....like a Garcia or so.......

just sayin