Haynesworth will hit the open market!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
One of the most dominant defensive players in the game will hit the open market this year as Albert Haynesworth will become a UFA. He is looking for a deal that will surpass Jared Allen's 12.2 mil a year deal over 6 years that he signed a year ago. The Titans are offering 4 yrs, 36 mil.

So where does he land? And how much is a team going to throw at him? I have a feeling he will get MAJOR money from someone out there. Won't shock me at all if he surpasses Allen's deal.

efactor

Coming at you
This is the one FA I would love to see in SF. Then they could go back to the 4-3. Haynesworth and Sopouga would be a great run stopping duo and free Willis up. With McDonald emerging as a solid pass rusher and run stopper, and Smith in his second year in the system, that would make an excellent D-line.

However, it won't happen. I don't think they give Haynesworth a 6 year deal or the Allen type money that someone will give him. Too many question marks on his motivation factor once he gets the big contract (from what I read anyway) and he gets dinged up a bit.

I think the Jonas Jennings deal kind of scared SF off giving the big contract to a less than motivated and injury prone player. I realize that Jennings wasn't in the same class of player as Haynesworth, but they wasted big money on a 4-year deal for someone who half-assed it once he got paid. They couldn't wait to get rid of that POS.............

RLLD

After hitting it will he stomp on the markets head, then spit in its face and threaten to cut the markets mom in half?:hmmm: